Ch 31 - The Lost Sweetheart

She nodded in fear and then said "Dan please leave me"

"And why would I do that my Pearl" I said nuzzling his nose in my neck.

She started hyperventilating and I had to let go her and to calm her I said "Pearl calm down".

She was calm after some time and looked at me in fear. I could see the questions, confusion and fear and so I said taking her hand and said "You want to know why you are here and why I am calling you Pearl". She nodded and I told her the story in bits and pieces.

Ivan's POV

As I moved away from Mrs. Franoik, I felt the anguish of the past come back to me. In order to calm myself, I went in search of my healer, my farfallina. As I moved towards her room I passed by a servant who with room service trolley. I looked at him and asked "Where are you going?"

"Sir, I am going to the kitchen" he replied.

"Kitchen's on the other end. You are going in the wrong direction" I said.

"Oh... I am so sorry sir. I am new and I didn't know. Thank you for your help" he said and bowed to me.

I gestured him to move and made my way towards Richard's room. I knocked on the door and was surprised when he opened the door.

"Oh Ivan it's you" He asked confused.

"I wanted to see Evelyn" I said.

"Evelyn... but she is not here" he answered confused.

"Ok then might be she is in the library" I said and he nodded.

I moved to the library which was empty and then I checked the entire mansion but didn't find her.

I again rushed to Richards's room thinking he was trying to hide Evelyn from me. I knocked again and asked him "Did Evelyn come here"

"No she didn't," he said but now even his worried expression was visible so I understood this is not one of his tricks to keep us away.

We asked the servants and they all searched but no one found her. I called my men and they confirmed they also didn't see anyone leaving the mansion.

I asked Richards to call all the servants and when I looked at each one of them I didn't find the one whom I met while moving to Richards's room. I asked Richards about him and when he told me "I never hired anyone new recently. All these are from my old mansion".

I felt ground slid under my foot because I literally let someone steal my Cara away from me and I got the CCTV footage but needless to say there was no footage of that time. I ran to the place where I met that fake servant and checked all the rooms but didn't find any clue.

Richards's POV

When I and Evelyn came to our room, I thought to use this opportunity to ask for second chance from her. There had been silence between us since we gave privacy to Ivan and Mamma and Evelyn took a business magazine to avoid me as usual. Before I could muster the courage to broach the subject she started coughing and I told her that I will get some water for her when she said "It's fine you are the patient so I will get us water".

She immediately took the empty Jug from the table and left the room. I kept practicing the words I would say to her to convince her to give me a chance. It had been a long half hour and she still didn't turn up and it disappointed me that she faked in order to avoid me. Suddenly I heard knock on my door and I opened it hoping it was Evelyn but Evelyn doesn't have to knock. So I opened the door to find Ivan standing outside my door.

"Oh Ivan it's you" I was confused he came her when Evelyn was not here.

"I wanted to see Evelyn" he said. Even though I don't like him hovering over her all the time, cousin or not he seems like a possessive boyfriend.