XIV

Barry Allen is the cheesiest man alive. After watching Captain America, I made the joke that he should take me dancing. Going dancing isn't really a thing anymore, so I was greeted after work with a completely open living room, low lighting, and a slow song playing through the TV speakers. Barry came around the corner in a suit with a dress in his hand.

"You're so sweet," I accepted the dress and prepared for what may be the best date ever.

Getting a week off of work at the same time was nearly impossible, but we finally were able to book our trip to Central City. Even though it had been a couple months after Iris's unexpected visit, we still kept in touch with her every step of the way. She was over the moon for us to tell Wally and Joe what had really been going on since I "died".

Nova was excited to see someplace new. In the last few months, she had turned four. Upon turning four, she determined it was time for her to explore the world. Traveling to Central City was her first step to completing that goal. Living in the suburbs all her life, seeing the skyscrapers and a bustling city life was the most astonishing thing to Nova.

We were almost to STAR Labs and the science-side of her personality was beginning to geek out. After all, she had squealed when we told her we were going to a real life science lab. The information of meeting her grandpa and uncle for the first time was not a nearly as exciting follow-up.

Cisco greeted us at the door. On our way to the cortex, he carried Nova and explained what great project was behind each door we passed. Her giggle as Cisco illustrated everything was music to my ears. As we approached the cortex, the sound of Joe talking became prevalent. Barry's face softened as the talking got louder.

It almost took a minute for Joe and Wally to realize us when we stepped into the cortex. Their faces were even more frozen in shock than Iris's was when they recognized who was in front of them.

"Hey guys," Barry gave a small smile.

Joe laughed due to the unreal nature of this situation as he approached Barry. The two had a long-lasting hug. Wally followed behind Joe. After all the greetings and initial shock was over with, the conversation began. I could sense some hostility even after our explanation but, just as it did with iris, I was sure that would fade into understanding soon.

"I'm Nova," my beautiful daughter interrupted the intense discussion. She left my lap and walked to Joe, "Are you grandpa?"

"I guess I am. That's a beautiful name, Nova" Joe entertained the little girl.

Nova's care-free personality is one of my favorite things about her. Once she could feel her parents were comfortable, she could do anything with no fear. For example, she is currently sitting on Joe's lap even though the two just met. Personally, I was surprised she wasn't sitting on Cisco's lap. Those two were inseparable anytime they were together.

"I have to go. Captain Singh needs me," Joe apologized for his untimely exit and handed Nova to Cisco.

"Barry, why don't you go see Captain Singh," I suggested and he agreed.

"I wanna go with daddy," Nova whined.

"Come on princess, let's go," Barry took Nova from Cisco.

570