XXI

"How is your new job?" I asked Barry.

"It is somehow the exact same as Central City just without metahumans," Barry smiled happily.

His job as a CSI was bound to be pretty similar everywhere he goes, but somehow he seemed happier here. His boss is pretty similar to Captain Singh and his impossible challenges and the crime rate is somewhat similar if not less. It had all the elements to make him just as unhappy as he was in Central City but he was thriving here. My heart filled with joy at this thought.

I said my goodbyes to everyone as the train approached the station. With hugs given and tears shed, I made my way onto the train. When I sat down, I looked out the window. My past life was waving goodbye and smiling at me. I waved back and smiled as the train started in motion to my new, better life.

I looked through the same window as the train began to break and saw a sea of people crowding towards the edge of the platform. My eyes searched for Barry's green ones. He was standing right in front with love written across his face as he spotted me. The train doors opened and I spilled out along with the other riders. As I approached Barry, he outstretched his arms.

"Not even a day since I last saw you and I still missed you," Barry whispered as he embraced me tightly.

I sighed and nodded. It may be crowded and noisy but I wanted to stay here forever as long as I was in his arms exactly like this. Eventually we had to break up our comfy position. I almost laughed when we approached his car. It felt so weird after this week to think about the speedster, Barry Allen, driving me home.

"I think you're the only person that goes the speed limit. How ironic," I rolled my eyes which earned a glare from Barry.

"I'm trying not to get a ticket. Can't pull the dad being a detective card if said dad thinks I'm dead," Barry scoffed sarcastically. I giggled slightly at the statement. We surely lived an interesting life.

Our house had a nice and warm feeling even after being away for a week. The simpleness was just what I needed after such a stressful and hectic week. I made my way to our bedroom and practically threw my things on the ground so I could eagerly jump into my bed.

"This mattress is like a cloud," I sighed in relief.

Barry jumped and landed next to me. Instinctively, I put my head on his chest and snuggled in. He put his arm around me and rubbed my back slowly.

"As much as I love Central City and the Flash, this is the best part of my life." Barry kissed the top of my forehead.

"Never let me go," I whispered and squeezed him slighter harder than I had before.

493