III

"Thank you for this, Cisco," I whispered in Cisco's ear as I hugged him goodbye.

"It's no problem as long as you call me every day," He pointed at me once we let from our hug then turned to Barry, still pointing, and said, "That goes for you too. I know you're dead and all but that is no excuse for me not to get a 'hey buddy, what's up?' call."

"You got it," Barry pulled Cisco and I in for one last original team Flash hug before we got on the train to our new home.

Barry dragged my suitcase through the train station as I guided him to the correct track. I lost Barry in the crowd of people but he found his way back to me eventually.

"I didn't really get lost because your red hair gave away where you were," Barry played with a stand of my hair as he talked.

"So our romantic pull or our husband-wife intuition or even common sense didn't guide you back to to me through the crowd my hair did?" I crossed my arms, leaned on my right hip, and rose my eyebrows to give the sassiest look possible.

"Your hair is a beautiful gift just as you are," He took my wrist and twirled me.

"Nice save, Allen," I gave him a glare and a smile as I regained my balance.

We awaited the arrival of the train as Barry held me in his arms. We watched the people on the track and tried to guess who I would sit next to. My guess was a teenage boy that looked only fifteen. Being as we were both traveling alone there would be a great possibility that we'd be put next to each other. He seemed to keep to himself and listen to music while he played on his phone so I wouldn't mind sitting next to him. Barry believed I would be sitting next to an older man who was currently saying goodbye to a kid and a woman who I assumed to be his wife and kid. I wouldn't mind sitting next to either one but that's assuming I'm sitting next to one of them.

With our guesses on who I would be sitting next to in place, the train arrived. Barry and I had approximately five minutes for everyone else to get off to say goodbye. He cupped my face with his hands and stared down at me.

"If there is ever a dangerous or potentially dangerous situation you call Cisco, Wally, Joe, or me immediately. I'll be there in an instant, I promise," He kissed me quickly and pulled me into a quick hug.

He handed me my suitcase and gave me one last goodbye kiss before I began my walk towards the train. I stood by the door and faced him to blow him a kiss and wave goodbye before entering the train. He blew a kiss and waved right back. I sent him a sad smile just as I turned around to get on the train.

After a two-hour long train ride and a seven-year-old sitting next to me, while her parents sat in the two seats across from us, I arrived in Central City. Cisco had already texted that he was running late by about ten minutes due to work so I called Barry while I waited.

"She kept demanding to look out my window so I practically spent the entire ride with a seven-year-old on my lap," I rolled my eyes although he couldn't see me.

"I'm one hundred percent sure that's an exaggeration but it still sounds unpleasant," He laughed slightly.

"Barry Allen, this is no laughing matter," I tried to contain my giggles.

"Caitlin Snow-Allen, this is a laughing matter," He made a sound effect to imply that he was winking.

"Cisco just texted that he's here so I have to go. Love you!" Out of excitement, I hung up before Barry could say goodbye.

I grabbed my suitcase and began to walk through the crowd. I stuck my head up in hopes for a glimpse of the best friend I hadn't seen in years. The heels I was wearing proved useful for the task of looking for Cisco but made my feet cry out in pain as I walked through the crowds. After a few minutes of looking, I finally saw a man with long, black hair and a wide smile.

"Cisco!" I shouted and waved as I walked towards him.

He opened his arms and we held each other in an embrace for a moment before breaking apart.

"I'm so happy you're here!" He smiled as he took my suitcase.

"Me too! I missed you," I nudged him slightly.

"Wally is training right now so you could come back to STAR Labs and help us with that or I can drop you off somewhere else," Cisco introduced my options.

"I'll come to STAR Labs. I want to see everyone again," I concluded.

"They don't know you're here so we can surprise them!" Cisco exclaimed happily.

On the drive to STAR Labs, I admired the city. I watched as people walked about and tried to guess where they're going and looked at the familiar buildings while studying the new ones. The one thing that occurred to me on this drive was that I never appreciated the city as much as I should have when I lived here.

Pulling up at STAR Labs caused me to have major deja vu. I felt like I was back in my old work routine. When we parked, I pulled out some comfy flats and swapped them out for the heels I was wearing to give myself a bit of comfort.

"There's a robbery in progress and Wally is going to take it, you ready?" Cisco asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Definitely," I nodded as I jumped slightly as if I was getting right for a fight.

967