XVII

The light from the sunrise was hitting him perfectly. He looked so cute until he let out a big snore. He was probably tired from being at work late waiting for test results for a time sensitive case. I rubbed his back, watching my diamond ring glisten in the light.

"I love you Barry Allen," I whispered and planted a soft kiss on his head.

He stretched his arm out and pulled me closer to him. "I love you Caitlin Allen," he whispered in a husky voice.

I woke up to darkness. I could sense that Barry is still awake; he probably didn't sleep. I turned over and he pulled me into his bare chest. If we hadn't been laying on a cold, tile floor, I would have thought we woke up in our bed.

"I don't want to tell them, Cait," Barry whispered, looking down at me, " I love our perfect little life."

I didn't appreciate it until now, but I liked the normalcy. Telling them, iris especially, would change everything. She had been affected so much by his death that I feared she wouldn't be able to forgive anyone if she knew we lied.

"Me too," I sighed, "ultimately, it's up to you. Whatever you choose, you know I'll support you."

He sat us both up and kissed me with such ease and love that I knew I had said the right thing. His touch was everything. It could cure every worry and solve every problem I was having. I love this man.

"Before you left you mentioned having kids," Barry recalled, "we should start trying when we get home."

My heart was beating a thousand times a minute out of excitement. I smiled and nodded. He cupped my race and gave me a soft, innocent kiss.

"You're my everything," I whispered as we lay back down.

I cuddled back into his chest. His heart was insanely calm. Somehow I knew he wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. Before our move, he could never stop thinking about his hectic life as The Flash so he rarely got any sleep. His mind couldn't stop racing with the thought of needing to help more people. This didn't stop until a couple days after we left Central City.

At first, when we moved, we referred to Central City as our home. As our new house and jobs began to feel more real, our idea of home had moved. Central City feels strange now. It feels like we aren't supposed to be here and I knew Barry felt the same and that's why he was stressing about how to tell Joe and Iris when we found them. If he were to tell them, they would insist on us moving back, especially Joe. After two years it wasn't unreasonable for them to want to see Barry on a regular basis.

I looked up at his face and noticed that he was asleep. Sometimes all you need to fall asleep is a good cuddle. I smiled at his relaxed expression; I hadn't seen that since he got to Central City. I closed my eyes at the thought and fell back into a deep sleep.

523