VI

"I'm glad you're safe and that I don't have to worry twenty-four seven," Caitlin smiled up at me as we sat on our couch after a long day of unpacking boxes.

"I'm glad you're safe too," I kissed her forehead and squeezed her shoulder as I reached for the tv remote.

After a long day of working at a crime scene, I had fallen asleep by nine o'clock. I woke up only an hour later to my phone vibrating in my pocket. Caitlin was calling me. Being as we had talked only two hours ago, I was confused by the sudden call.

I answered in a worried tone, "Hello?"

"There's a group of people rampaging through STAR Labs," She whispered hurriedly, "Everyone else has been taken and I have no idea where Wally is."

"Where are you in the building," I asked, trying not to sound worried, as I ran my hand through my hair.

"The bathroom closest to the cortex," She informed me and I hung up.

I was a little rusty as I hadn't used my speed in two years but that didn't stop me from running to Central CIty to find Caitlin.

I arrived at STAR Labs within seconds and immediately ran to the girl's bathroom. I heard a slight whimpered coming from a stall as the door slammed behind me. I had probably scared her.

"It's Barry," I told her as I quietly walked towards the stall I was sure she is in.

She opened the door slowly to check if it was me. Once she saw me, she ran into my arms and started to cry.

"I don't know what happened, I can't remember," She sobbed into my shoulder, "It feels like I hit my head."

I rubbed my hand through her hair and I held onto her, "Shh, it's okay."

It was a moment of relief that she was fine but I had to get back to the issue at hand, the people in STAR Labs.

"I've got to go see what's going on out there," I gently pushed her off of me, "You stay here and hide in the stall. If anything happens, scream as loud as you can."

She nodded and I smiled at her to hopefully ease her worries a bit. She slowly made her way back into the stall as I ran out.

I searched the entire STAR Labs and its perimeter twice and found nothing. There was no sign of a disturbance that occurred but that didn't mean that one didn't happen. I searched for clues but I found none. It was like no one had stepped foot in the building.

"Hey, Cait, no one is here anymore," I informed her as I entered the bathroom again.

She revealed herself to me. Mascara was dripping down her cheeks from the crying she must've done while I searched.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this," She crossed her arms and slouched in an embarrassed manner.

"Don't apologize, you're beautiful," I said truthfully as I pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks," She whispered as she held onto me.

"I missed you," I told her as she pulled away.

"I'm surprised," She smirked.

I laughed at her sarcasm. Even though we spent every day together for the past two years, the moment she left made me feel like a piece of me was missing.

"You know, since you're in town, we should go to the bar and do some karaoke-ing," Caitlin suggested with a dead-serious tone.

"First, we've got to find our friends," I put my arm around her shoulder as we began to walk out of the bathroom.

584