XIX

"Iris sent you a Christmas card," Barry handed me the flimsy material.

There was a picture of her and Joe standing in front of the tree next to the words "Happy Holiday's from the Wests." It was Barry's first Christmas without them. I could sense his sadness around the subject and brought him into a quick hug. He relaxed in my arms as if he was home, which he is.

Cisco was giving me a confused look and I returned it with a reassuring smile. Iris and Joe had a similar look on their faces as Cisco. Joe snapped out of it quickly when he saw Wally's condition. I wasn't sure how to answer the questions they were all going to inevitably have so I just hoped Cisco had a brilliant explanation.

"How-" Iris started but then changed her thought, "If Wally is there, then who ran us here?"

I looked at Cisco pleadingly and he started to ramble, "It doesn't matter. What does matter, however, is that you guys are safe."

Iris didn't seem pleased with the answer. All I could hope for was no more questions.

"Wally should be fine, just needs some rest to let his body heal," I explained to Joe as I tried to divert the conversation away from who rescued them.

Joe looked relieved. Unlike Iris, he was more concerned with who took them and how we should stop them. Cisco and I both explained that the cops had been called on Troy and that the gang shouldn't be an issue for us. Joe was pleasantly surprised. The police department couldn't even find the gang much less apprehend the leader of it.

"Hey, Caitlin, can we talk?" Iris directed her attention to me and I nodded.

We left Cisco and Joe in the cortex and headed to the hallway. I could feel the tension between us two. We hadn't been on great terms since Barry and I became a couple but after his 'death' things just got worse.

"I wanted to apologize for how I acted," Iris started off, "It was unfair of me to come at you for moving on."

"Barry's death was hard on everyone, I understand," I was still in shock after her apology but it felt great to settle the bad blood between us two.

After our relationship was back on the mend, we headed back into the cortex where everyone was laughing. This included Wally who, presumably, woke up during Iris and I's conversation. This was a scene Barry would love to be a part of. His favorite part of his time as the Flash was hanging out with everyone after we'd just solved a case. I couldn't wait to get home to him.

Cisco pulled me aside as the conversation dwindled. "Where did Barry go?" He asked.

"Home. He's not ready to tell everyone," I explained, "Speaking of which, I should head home tomorrow. Some of us have to work for a living."

Cisco nodded in approval. On my way out of Star Labs, Joe caught up to me.

"Caitlin, could I take you to dinner tonight. I haven't been able to really talk to you since," he paused and I nodded in understanding.

"Sure. I'm leaving tomorrow, is tonight okay?" I asked.

Joe nodded and we made plans to eat later tonight at a local pizzeria. I was excited, Joe and I had a really good relationship when Barry and I were dating but fell out after the events occurred. Hopefully he won't ask questions relating to this week's events.

586