XVIII

"Barry, I can carry my own purse," Caitlin sighed as we walked out the door.

"You're hurt," I said as I pointed to her right wrist which was currently in a brace.

She rolled her eyes. She sprained it carrying a heavy piece of furniture which meant she was not allowed to carry anything until that brace is off as far as I was concerned.

"Sleeping on the floor is not the best thing for my back," Caitlin groaned as she got up.

I put out my hand so she could steady herself as she stood up. This was my favorite part of every day, waking up together. Her makeup-less face and messy hair was no doubt her best look in my eyes.

"You look cute this morning Mrs Allen," I said in a seductive tone as I pulled her close to me.

She cupped my face with her hands and, in the most serious tone, replied, "I always look cute,"

Caitlin smirked as she walked out of the cortex. With her gone, I was able to place myself back into reality. The reality is we aren't at home and we urgently need to find Iris and Joe.

When all three of us were ready, we sat down and began the search. Facial recognition left us nowhere as did his credit card transaction history. Cisco looked through social media and news sites to see if anything mentioned this gang in either a crime or just in general.

"Barry, an anonymous tip came in an hour ago to the police that someone spotted gang activity going on in this house on second street," Cisco's eyes were beaming with joy.

If this was legit, and our friends were really there, then it would all be over before the day ended. I could sense the hope in everyone as I left the building.

Believe it or not, I actually drove to the house. I had to make sure this tip was real before breaking into some random house. I parked on the side of the road and watched the house like a hawk with Cisco monitoring street cameras.

It was very uneventful for the first hour. The best thing that happened was a puppy walking by and that was it. It was no-man's land otherwise. There were no people out walking, no cars driving by. It felt like a dead end.

I heard the sound of a man talking and I immediately turned to the yard of the house down the street. It was a man and women playing with a toddler. They were clearly not involved in anything closely related to the reason I was here but I couldn't keep my eyes off them.

They were so calm, worry free, and happy. I smiled at the thought of that one day being me and Caitlin. We would have a little girl, hopefully, who has Cait's red hair and my green eyes. Our little family would be normal and free of stress and worry.

My mind snapped out of the trance when a vehicle pulled down the street and stopped in the driveway of the suspecting house. Out came a man who opened the passenger door. A woman stepped out, her hands tied behind her back but otherwise unharmed. He led her up the porch where she turned back just for a second. That second was all I needed to identify the girl as iris. We found them .

I stepped out of the car and walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited politely until it was answered by a man. Caitlin identified him as Troy using the secret camera I had on and her memory from the bar where we found Cisco.

He looked confused when he saw me standing there so I spoke, "hi, my name is," and then I punched the lights out of him.

The pounding of the stairs inside indicated more men coming. I used my speed and grabbed Iris and ran her to STAR Labs. Then I used my speed to do the same for Joe. As I did this Cisco alerted the police to the location of Troy to ensure he would be locked away for good without The Flash being outed as alive.

"See you at home, Cait," I whispered into the com and ran off.

Iris nor Joe had seen me and within seconds, I was back at mine and Caitlin's house. They couldn't know my secret, it would throw off everything. So I did what I had to do and left. I could sleep peacefully tonight knowing they were safe and that is what matters.

771