T W E N T Y E I G H T

Start from the beginning

I tried to straighten up but my breath hitched, and I felt a sharp pain on my right side.

"n-no-nothing, I'm g-good," I whispered but my voice cracked.

"No, you're not," Alex stated, and with that, he slipped his hands under my knees and waist while picking me up bridal style.

"wh-what are you doing?" I mumbled.

Alex remained silent and carried me to his room.

"For once shut up, and let me see" Alex commanded and I shut up.

Alex put me down on his bed and stared at me for a second before lifting my T-shirt.

"w-wh-what are y-you doing, a-a-Alex?" 

Alex looked up at me for a moment, "trying to find out whats got you tumbling around."

My breath hitched when Alex's fingers brushed against the naked skin of my waist.

Suddenly a slight pressure on my ribs make me cry out in pain, I looked up at Alex and his face was red.

He seemed to be ready to kill.

"What and how did this happened, Sara?"

Holy Moly

"um, I got hurt on the bruise a long time ago while mo-modeling and then yesterday I-I fell in the washroom?"

Alex looked at me in the eye, "and then I grabbed you by your arm which tensed the muscles further"

I looked around the room, trying to avoid any eye contact that could happen.

"Sar- wait!" Alex fumbled with his phone and called Xander over all this while he kept a tight grip on hand as if I was about to die.

He looked as though he was in more pain than I was in.

"Alex?" I tried to snap him off to reality but his hand only tightened around mine in a protective grip.

"shh, just rest" I looked up at him, my eyes probably twice the size they were supposed to be.

"Alex I'm g-good!" I tried to calm him down, but his gaze was fixed on my bruise.

He rubbed his hand softly along the line of my bruise slightly lifting my T-shirt further up.

Oh no, the scars.

I shifted a little so that my T-shirt would come down on its own.

"Am I bad for liking it that you are concerned for me?" I let my filter fall and looked up at Alex.

"No, but it's wrong that it pains me to see you like this" Alex answered making me frown.

"Is it bad that you care?" I asked.

Alex nodded, and I felt my heart break a little "but I like it that you care, only you care."

Alex smiled all though it seemed as though he was hurting "the problem is, that I do care. I shouldn't but I do and everyone cares for you, aren't you the princess of the vega family."

If only, I'm the tainted secret.

"No, I'm the tainted princess. I have secrets too."

Alex looked up at me in the eyes then frowned "everyone has secrets, yours are probably way insignificant that you think they are Sara Vega."

Sara Vega.

I smiled and controlled my tears, "they're secrets nonetheless, secrets no one will ever know. Secrets no one will ever see. But you're special I'll give you a hint- Brown to teal. That's my secret."