T W E N T Y F I V E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

PART II

♥️

The numbness in my body was still here, I still felt extremely exhausted.

But this feeling of numbness, it wasn't new. It was one of the only things that seemed familiar to me.

Alone in pain and numb.

With time I eventually got used to sleeping in pain whether the pain was mental or physical meant very less to me.

It all felt the same.

Waking up with bruised ribs or waking up to an anxiety attack both are equally painful but with time I've understood that my life meant very little to others.

There were only a handful of people I know who'd feel something if I were to go away, I can almost imagine Mary freaking out and Alex getting extremely annoyed-

WAIT

I tried to open my eyes but the blinding brightness in the room made me want to go back to sleep again.

I struggled and eventually, my eyes adjusted to the brightness and I finally looked around.

I felt a stinging sensation run through my eye and realized why it was.

In the struggle to show Alex my real eye I took the contact lens off its place but not out of my eyes I displaced it and then I slept with it so it got back to place but left the puffiness behind.

Breaking out my thoughts, I looked around the room and my eyes instant zoomed in on Alex who was sleeping on the couch next to the bed in an extremely uncomfortable position but he did seem to be in a deep sleep.

Looking at him carefully I wondered which stage of sleep was he in, was he in the first stage, the second stage, the third stage, or the REM stage?

All of a sudden Alex thrashed around in his sleep and started taking extremely deep ragged breaths.

What was happening to him?

I went towards him and called out "A-Alex?"

Alex continued thrashing around so I tried to shake him awake from his sleep but the moment my hand went on his shoulder, Alex violently thrashed around and pushed me down onto the couch with my hand behind my back in a painful position.

I looked up Alex now feeling scared but then Alex broke out of his sleep and looked down at me with his stance still pinning me down.

I bit my lips to stop my screech from pain and kept quiet.

Alex took a moment to understand what was happening and suddenly pushed himself out of the couch and looked at me with sheer terror on his face.

"What happened right now?"

Should I tell him or should I not?

I looked around the room contemplating my choice.

"SARA. WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?" Alex gritted his teeth and immediately my mind flicked back to the beating that anger can lead you to.

"I- You was thrashing in your sleep and th-then you seemed to be a little violent so I tried to w-wake you up but then you pinned me down and then w-woke u-up," I explained.

Alex closed his eyes while his face countered his anger.

It seemed as though he was going through an internal war.