T W O

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

Two weeks later -

Nope, not enough.

I added two more drops of food coloring into the cake mixture and checked its consistency again.

Perfect!

I smiled internally doing a small victory dance to myself, now that my final exams are finished, I don't have much to do other than cooking all day which is why I've started baking.

I've always enjoyed spending my time in the kitchen.

Looking down at the mirror cake glaze my memory clicked back to stormy black eyes I had looked into two weeks ago.

Alex Taylor.

He definitely did not like me.

No, wait!

Let me rephrase.

He definitely does not like Sara, which is why he did not like me.

Now that I think of it, it makes sense. Sara must have done something wrong with Alex when she had her photoshoot in Milan.

Unlike Sara, I've never really had boyfriends because I never really get to meet anyone.

Sara probably took a liking for Alex and went with the wrong approach.

Not that I have any experience but after reading a handful of Sophie Kinsella novels, I do know little about the outside world.

I looked up at the time and it was already 12:20 am but sir was not home yet.

Yes, I am busy with some mid-night baking.

One, because I was not allowed to sleep until sir came home and two, because I had nothing else to do while waiting up for him.

I shrugged and picked up the cake glaze again, slowly putting it on top of the cake a smile grazed my face again, it looked magical.

Just like the night sky.

After the cake was glazed, I put it in the fridge to cool down and limped to my room and pulled out my binoculars and dairy.

I am planning to figure out all the constellations tonight, Mary along with the rest of the servants had gone to the servant quarters while Sara was sleeping.

After about one hour, I looked back at the time and it was almost one-thirty am but sir was still not home.

I put back the diary and binoculars after I had recorded all my observations and got up, time to clean my face.

Momentarily forgetting about the wound on my ankle, I got up with full force only to fall back onto my floor mattress.

Ouch!

I looked down at my leg to find it getting a little red again, only a little, though.

A yawn left my body, but I immediately stilled.

I can not sleep.

I fell asleep by mistake before sir came home and was beaten by his leather belt for punishment after that.

I shivered at the thought.

The whole day I had to limp around the house because sir hit me on the ankle and I, did not want to go through the entire ordeal again today.