Important Update + Final Notes

I fell in love with this show for (initially) just one reason: Killian and Emma

I fell in love with this show for (initially) just one reason: Killian and Emma. I heard of the show via TV promos on the ABC channel and as a lifetime Disney fan, I couldn't believe there was a show out there who took my love for fairytales and put them together in the modern world. Moreover, I couldn't believe how fleshed out and incredibly well-acted they had turned Captain Hook. As the first half of season three was airing, I started recording the episodes and despite not seeing the previous two seasons or even understanding who all the characters were, I watched because I, like millions of others, felt the pure chemistry between Emma and Killian. After sparingly watching the show as season three began and ended, I decided to binge watch it on Netflix and I was immediately hooked as a diehard fan. Captain Swan became one of my first real OTP and the fandom on Tumblr was amazing. 

Not too long later, as season five (?) was airing, I believe, I decided to publish this story with Sage Chamberlain as my main character. I had high hopes for this book (and even the series as I was planning on writing Sage through the entire show), but as the show went on and made creative decisions that I disagreed with, I fell out of love with the show. Consequently, I also fell out of love with this story.

The show slowly morphed (in my opinion) into a show that was more directed towards kids and the material was being saturated to fit a more family-friendly vibe. This is very different to how the first season was and as a teenage, I really wasn't feeling the 'kid-friendly' vibe the show was going in the direction of. There was also a dozen different creative decisions that I disliked (which I will be more than happy to talk to people about in the comments). I also didn't like a lot of the messages and themes the show was perpetuating towards the later seasons. 

Sage was a character that I feel is a missed opportunity. If the show had gone more my way and had managed to keep my interest, I would have stuck around and crafted a really good arc for Sage, even fleshed her out more than where she was left on in the book (which was paralleling very hard with Emma). I wish the show kept my interest high, because truthfully, I was very excited to write about the blossoming love between Killian and Sage. I was really thrilled, had many ideas, but ultimately, my future outline of their relationship wasn't enough to make me write continuously about the show. Again, I apologize to all my readers who have been around since the beginning or even just picked it up recently, but I'm not going to force myself to write a book I no longer care about. With college going on and the day-to-day process of trying to build my career, I'm not going to spend my time writing a story I don't love anymore.

For a while I had very little interest in this book, but the constant encouragement and love from you guys made me keep going. Thank you everyone for all yours reads, votes, and comments. This is probably one of the stories I've posted during my time on Wattpad where I felt the most interactive with the readers, which is a blessing, because believe it or not, not many people comment lol 

Thank you so much for sharing your love towards Sage, Killian, and their story. I can no longer make any promises on possibly returning one day in the future, but what I can somewhat say (again no promises or guarantees) is that I might one day publish some scenes from the other seasons with Sage and Killian. Don't hold your breath, but you never know - they would have had a lot of good scenes together.