twelve; the walking dead

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER TWELVE; THE WALKING DEAD 

Sage paced in front of the burning fire, feeling the anxious panic crawling at her heart. A million thoughts were racing through her mind like a tyrant. She had no damn idea why Henry was in Aurora's nightmares, in a pit of flame and fire. It horrified Sage that her brother was trapped there. Snow and Emma were still crouched down to Aurora's level. The blonde Savior was holding up a small photo of her son in front of the princess. "The boy you saw in your dream - is that him?"

Aurora blinked, gently holding the photo. "Yes, that's Henry."

Snow stood up just as Mulan was walking up. Both Snow and Sage shared nervous looks as Emma continued to question, "That's impossible. It was a dream. How could you dream of my son?"

"I have no idea."

"Maybe it wasn't a dream." The brunette standing besides Sage commented. Everyone looked at Snow for answers, wondering how the hell she could come up with that assumption. "That room...I've been there."

Aurora narrowed her eyes, betrayal seeping into her eyes. "When I told you about it, you didn't say anything."

Snow looked at her sympathetically. "You were terrified. I didn't want to make things worse by telling you I thought it might be real."

Sage restrained herself from speaking. Despite not being there when Snow and Aurora were having their little chit-chat about the nightmares, Sage knew how she felt about it. Snow never should have lied about it, she should have told Aurora the truth. But, Sage understood that Snow just wanted to protect the young princess from being scared to death. That's one of the things about Sage that she always hated. She could never fully blame someone for their actions. She was always known as being understanding, of both the good and the bad. She understood why villains continue their evil ways and understood their motives for it. She could never justifiably blame someone for it. To put it in short term, she didn't have a judgmental bone in her body.

"A room in a dream is real?" Mulan questioned while shaking her head, finally joining the discussion.

"The sleeping curse. It has to be. I went through it, Aurora went through it..."

Sage's eyes widened at that, surprised to hear those words again. The sleeping curse dated a long time back, before the Dark Curse had been cast. Regina, who was notoriously known as the Evil Queen, had poisoned an apple with the Sleeping Curse. Snow ate this apple and was put under it. Only one thing could break that curse and it was True Love's Kiss. "It's seems that True Love's Kiss solves everything." Sage thought, rolling her eyes.

"Henry's been through it because I wouldn't believe him." Emma accused herself, 'causing Sage to give her an emphatic look. Sage hoped that Emma wouldn't blame herself for this mess, but somehow, she always does.

"What else did you lie about?" Aurora angrily demanded to know. Sighing, Sage resentfully ran a hand through her hair. None of them had time to waste, since Cora was probably planning her next move right this second and all of them had better things to argue about then who lied to who.

"I wasn't lying!" Snow defended herself, looking slightly offended at Aurora's harsh reaction. "I was protecting you."

The former thief wasn't the only one who thought this arguing was pointless. Emma was probably the most anxious out of all of them, desperate to find out why her son was in Aurora's dream and to go home. "What did he say - Henry? In the... In the dream?" She questioned.