one; hugging parade

✮ ✮ 

CHAPTER ONE  →  HUGGING PARADE

Sage fluttered her eyes open, watching as the storm of purple smoke that once smothered the town began to disappear. Hesitantly, she looked around the village and down at her body, trying to find any damage that was done. But there was nothing; no lasting effects from the colored monsoon. Her memories still stood and she planned on not letting them fly away again.

She looked up at the road and saw Snow and Charming, not moving from their original spot. Before Sage could process anything else, she started to run towards the couple with a large, gleeful smile. "Snow! Charming!"

Finally, the couple turned their heads towards the running girl, grins beaming on both of their faces. "Sage!" Snow cheered,  before the young brunette wrapped the royal couple into a large bear hug.

"We've missed you." Charming mumbled into her shoulder, before him and Snow pulled back, a stupid smirk on the prince's face. "Well, at least I missed you, David saw you everyday."

Sage chuckled at her two friends, grasping their arms as she looked at them into confusion. "What happened? What the hell is happening?"

"Let's find out." The prince shrugged, before leading the two ladies down the street. Near the diner, Ruby and Granny were hugging each other. God, Sage never felt so much relief for seeing two of her favorite people. Ruby, who had small tears of joy streaming down her face, lit up once she saw Snow. "Snow?"

The two slightly squealed, before squeezing each other, big smiles plastered on their face. After Sage gave Granny a hug, she smirked once Ruby stood in front of her, waiting for her turn. "Hey there, wolf girl." She giggled before wrapping her arms around Ruby, smiling into her shoulder.

It felt good to be around her people again.

That's when the Seven Dwarfs came from behind, the short men gathered together as they approached their queen. "Your highness." Leroy greeted as him and the six others bowed down, much to Snow's pleasure, who was happy to have her second family back.

"The curse..." Leroy trailed off, his face twisting in confusion. "Is broken?"

"It seems that way." Sage was more than happy to say. Finally and hopefully, they were ridden from the retched curse that stole their lives away.

"So, what do we do now?" Ruby asked, an arm wrapped around her grandmother's waist.

A bright sparkle found its way into Snow's green orbs. "Now, I found my daughter."

"So, it's true."

Everyone's head turned to the abrupt voice. It surprised everyone when they saw Emma standing behind her parents, wind whipping through her hair as a confused expression sealed onto her face. Sage knew it must be rather difficult to finally meet her birth parents considering she literally learned that they were her parents hours ago.

Astonishment washed over both Snow and Charming's face as they stepped closer to their daughter. This was the first real time they were meeting her, after twenty-eight years. Sage knew that the royal couple were beyond joyful that they were finally meeting their daughter but she began to wonder how Emma felt since she didn't exactly look thrilled.