seven; chamber of hearts

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Gif is of what Sage looked like in the flashback. Chapter was not edited.

  ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER SEVEN; CHAMBER OF HEARTS 

Enchanted Forest ; Before Curse

"Where is he, this wizard?" Regina continued to pester as her, Jefferson, and Sage walked down the long corridor of her castle. The queen, who walked in between the two thieves, were constantly questioning about this mythical doctor and the suppose magical process of bring back the dead. Of course, she was doubtful that this could work but she had a certain gleam of hope inside of herself that made her optimistic. "You both promised to bring him to me."

As Regina continued to inquire, the more annoyed Sage extended to be. She pinched the bridge of her nose, careful not to smudge the light amount of black eye-shadow on her eye lids. "Indeed. And off we shall go to see him. But I warn you - be cautious."

The queen paused her walking. "Why?" She asked, sudden fright falling into her eyes. "Is he dangerous?"

"Not to us. But, bear in mind, he's never been to a world like this before." Jefferson explained, placing a hand on Regina's back as the three continued. Just by the way both Jeff and Sage spoke, a clever person could tell they were great liars. Sage only hoped that Regina's naive personality would convince herself that this Doctor was going to actually bring back her dead lover. Rumple's plan had to go smoothly. "He's unfamiliar with our ways - with our magic."

"All I care about are his ways and if they will do what I require." Regina responded, making Sage roll her eyes. She could tell just by the way Regina spoke and carried herself that the young girl was given everything that life could offer. She was the queen for goodness sake's and had a pure heart that Rumple seeks to corrupt. The three stopped once they arrived at the end of the hallway.

"Well, there's only one way to find out. May I present to you...your salvation." Jefferson over-dramatically announced, making Regina glare at the him and a wide smile to twist upon Sage's pink lips. She loved that he was always dramatic about the littlest things, always playful.

They turned the corner, walking along the large outdoor hallway. Sitting on a stone bench and seemingly sketching something in front of a large pot of wild flowers was a man. Doctor Victor, the man who explored the possibilities of raising the dead from their graves.

"You're the wizard?" Regina questioned, spurning from the idea that this man was the doctor. She was probably expecting a mystical man with a long beard and pointy hat that had a wand. Anyone, even a blind man, could tell Dr. Victor was a very proper and specialized in etiquette.

The Doctor cleared his throat before throwing his journal back into his bag and standing up, facing the three who had approached him. Sage immediately noticed the yellow circle glasses that made his eyes look tiny. "I prefer Doctor," He said, taking off his Bumble-Bee glasses. "But you're welcome to call me whatever makes you comfortable."

"Very well, Doctor. You understand why you've been brought here?"

"Of course. Now..." He cleared his throat once more, packing up his bag. "Show me the patient."