fifteen; thomas part two

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄  

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; THOMAS PART TWO

song for overall chapter: all i want by kodaline.

    "This is a terrible idea." Sage thought to herself as she silently walked through the forest with Thomas by her side. Once Sage agreed to Thomas' offer of a birthday dinner, he had no problem with cutting her down from that animal net and leading her to his family's cottage. Going to stranger's houses for supper wasn't something Sage did very often. But, for once in her life, the girl was taking a risk and letting Thomas guide her way. To have someone stand by your side and wish that you take a leap of faith with them was a foreign feeling to her. Only a few people have seeped their way into Sage's heart and they ended up leaving, one way or the other. 

     Jefferson, her former partner in crime, left years ago to raise his daughter, who unfortunately was left motherless. Still, even today, Sage couldn't shake the love she felt for him away. It was pathetic, in her opinion, to hover over someone who was never coming back. Then again, she spent many years being his best friend and he was her first love. Falling in love with Jefferson hit her like a ton of bricks, smothering her chest in, yet it felt like a breath of light. It was scary for Sage to love someone so truly and deeply that it consumed her heart.

     Despite her strong feelings for the man, Jefferson was fated to fall in love with another. Her name was Percilla and God, was she a beauty. She had breathtakingly golden blonde hair, rosy cheeks, sparkling green eyes, and a heart of gold. When Jeff and Percilla first met, it was love at first site and Sage was doomed to watch it, feeling her heart break at every minute. While jealousy did brew, Sage was always good at hiding it, never letting her emotions tip towards the surface. But, at the same time, she was also bitterly happy for both of them. Jeff was her best friend and Percilla grew to be the sister she's always wanted; watching those two fall in love, get married, and birth a darling baby girl was like watching the world be surrounded by perfect humanity and harmony. It was bittersweet.

     So, Sage hid her love for Jeff in box and locked it away, not wanting to come in between his marriage. Three years after giving birth to Grace, Jeff and Percilla's daughter, all three thieves found themselves knee-deep in debt from old bosses. Just when this debt came about, Percilla became pregnant with a second baby. In order to pay back and get enough money to support the newest member of the family, the three thieves concocted a plan to steal the richest jewel in a land called Camelot. The jewel ended up being Queen Genevieve's crown that was crested with gold and embezzled with diamonds. 

     The night of the Great Camelot Heist, everything went smoothly, until they were caught trying to smuggle the crown from the Queen's chamber. Eventually, the two girls were separated from Jeff and headed up to the stone roof. The two female thieves were surrounded by guards and in one fatal moment, when the thunder rattled the sky and heavy rain harshly poured down, King Arthur's Excalibur pierced Percilla's four month impregnated stomach. Sage remembered that night in horrifyingly vivid detail; Percilla's lifeless body falling to the ground, cold rain soaking Sage's entire body, loud screams making her throat raw. Sage remembered being forced to leave Percilla's body in order to escape. When Sage broke the news to Jeff, he was devastated, wondering how he was going to continue living life without his love, continuing to raise his daughter without a mother. One thing led to another and Jefferson left Wonderland with Grace, abandoning his life of crime to make sure Grace grew up with a father, not as an orphan. While Sage completely understood why Jeff wanted to leave, it didn't make the pain go away.