Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11: Wᴀᴋᴇ Yᴏᴜʀ Ass Uᴘ

JENASSIA'S POV
Time: 10:00am
The bell rings and I see Michael. I ran to him for some reason. But my legs gave out, Michael caught me but a blinding bright light shines through the school windows.

What the hell is that about?

I couldn't see Michael anymore but I could hear him.

"JENASSIA"Michael yells

"JENASSIA"Michael yells again

"JENASSIA WAKE UP"he screams.

I open my eyes and hear my Mom yelling at me from downstairs. I'm mad confused, when the hell did I get home?

"Michael" I mumble. I call the number I remember  Michael calling me with. I call it but the line...it doesn't exist.

"DAVION"I yell. Davion comes running in.

"WHAT HAPPENED ARE YOU OKAY"he says panicking.

"Where's Michael?"I ask anxiously.

"Michael who is Michael?" He asked confused.

"Don't play dumb with me...you met him at school" I say upsettingly.

"Jenassia you have been sleeping this whole time...we didn't have school this whole month we graduated remember?." He says confused.

"Nah stop cappin" I say irritatedly.

"I know you not finna tell me this was a damn dream" I said shaking my head.

"Yea you were asleep this whole time"he says still confused. I broke down into pieces. I was just dreaming about a nigga named Michael. How come it's always the good niggas that ain't real.

"Mom and Dad are going to Connecticut for two months to see Aunt Julie remember?" he asks.

"No...why we not going?" I asked looking confused.

"Because you're grounded for getting drunk and throwing a party while Mom and Dad were gone and Mom told me to stay and watch over you" he says.

But that don't even add up, I know I wouldn't  some shit like that. Especially getting drunk, you have to drink to get drunk and ion drink.

"Oh.."I sigh in disappointment but I was slightly skeptical.

All of this ain't adding up.

"You okay Jenassia?"he asks curiously. I just nod he gets up, gives me a hug and then leaves my room.

"JENASSIA WE ARE LEAVING COME DOWN TO SAY GOODBYE"I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

"COMING"I say weakly. I wipe my tears and walk down the stairs.

"Bye sweetie"my Mom says while giving me a hug.

"Bye Asia" my Dad says. He is the only one who calls me Asia.

"Bye daddy" I hug him and smile. It was Davion's turn to day goodbye. He then hugged them and waved.

"Bye guys"I say with a smile. They open the door to leave and as I watch them get in the car they wave goodbye and they pull off.

I close the door and lock it .

"WHAT THE FUCK" I whine. I then start breaking down.

"Nasia what happened?" Davion asked. It hurts because it felt so fucking real.

"Nothing...forget it" I say.  I was gonna beat Michelle's ass for kissing my man. But my man is not even my man. He wasn't my man but he was my best friend who I consider my man. If that makes sense.

I ran upstairs to check my bag for Michael's note but it wasn't there. Wow... I really was dreaming. I played my shower playlist and hopped in my zen place. (Aka the shower) As I washed my hair a Jhené Aiko song came on.

I start singing "I've been contemplating, meditating, should of waited, should have never dated" I instantly start crying because she sang that and it just hit differently.

I got dressed into the Barbie light pink dress he said I looked beautiful in and did my hair the same way as I did in my dream too. I walk downstairs and I turn the tv on and sit on the couch wishing that the couch would swallow me whole so I don't drown in my pain.

The news channel comes on and I turn it up. The news always has some shit to say.

As soon as I turn on the tv it says "Michael-" I then hurry up switch from the news channel immediately before the reporter finishes her sentence. It wasn't my Michael but I just didn't want to hear the name right now.

"Fine let's switch to another channel" I say switching to another channel. It was playing 'Mercy' which starred Jamie Fox and Michael B Jordan.

"Great.. the universe is trying to mock me"I said to myself before shutting the Tv off. I sat down on the couch and began to scroll up on my phone.

"Jenassia your not making any fucking sense right now"Davion said getting Oreos out of the cabinet.

"Wait hold the fuck on, that looks like my street"I say getting up. It was Michael going on live. He was running down my street. Probably just my imagination.

I was going to head out to the mall but I was stopped by a loud sound. It sounded  like banging, the noise kept getting louder and louder each bang.

"Well, are you finna get that or nah"Davion said looking at me. I rolled my eyes and got up to open the door. But I couldn't believe my eyes...

"Michael?"I whimper in tears.