Chapter 33- March 30th

ابدأ من البداية

"Sh!" she whispered without opening her eyes, "I am meditating. I looked it up on Mom's computer. It helps if you're stressed," she opened her eyes slightly, "So, you should definitely try it."

I laughed. "Okay, thank you for your input. Love you."

"Love you too." She whispered as another obnoxious honk came from outside.

I hurried down the stairs, slid on my leather jacket, and ran through the cold to Jessica's car.

"Hey! You look so good!" I said while closing the passenger door behind me and rubbing my shivering hands together.

"Thank you!" Jessica smiled. Her hair was perfectly curled, and she wore a leather jacket over a tight black mini dress, with over-the-knee, grey boots that stopped a few inches below her dress.

She looked so hot, and I suddenly felt underdressed. We blasted music as Jessica headed to Miller's house.

When we got there, there were at least 30 cars parked on the street and five crammed in his driveway.

"Shit," I mumbled. Unable to find a parking spot, Jessica drove her car onto Miller's front lawn.

"We tried," she shrugged, "not my fault his driveway can't hold more than five cars."

I laughed, and we climbed out of the car. Approaching his front door, I was able to hear the pounding music coming from inside the house. We walked inside to a sea of drunk teenagers and dozens of crushed beer cans on the floor. We made our rounds saying hi to everyone, and I kept an eye out for Miller.

"Hey, if it isn't the two hottest girls I know," Jase came behind Jessica and me and swung his arms over our shoulders.

Jessica laughed and turned around to hug him. "What's up, Jase?"

"Probably shouldn't say that too loud, right?" Jase nudged me, "I don't want to get beat up."

"Stop," I rolled my eyes.

He chugged the rest of his beer, aimed for a garbage container across the room, and tossed it.

"Boom," he chanted when the can fell into the garbage, "when I join the NBA, I will remember you girls fondly."

Jessica and I laughed.

"Have you seen Miller?" I asked.

Jase opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by a piercing scream. I followed the noise and noticed Amanda emerging from the basement.

"Rachel Howard!" she yelled. I peered over the crowd and saw her slumped over Mark, who was clearly struggling to hold her up.

"Oh god," I whispered, as Jessica and I walked over to her.

Amanda stumbled across the room to us and stretched her arms to hug both of us, leaving Mark behind like a lost puppy.

"Hello, my best friends in the whole wide world and all of planet earth!" Her breath smelled of vodka.

Jessica and I held Amanda and walked her over to the couch. She slid from our grasp and tumbled onto the cushions.

"Hey," she signaled at me to come closer to her.

"Yes?"

"Can you..." she started, and tried hard not to slur her words, "go get me a beer?"

I looked up at Jessica. Her eyes widened, and she shook her head no.

"Yeah, no problem. One second." I winked at Jessica.

I took a bottle of water from the fridge and walked back to Amanda, who was lying on the couch face down with her butt sticking up. I pulled down her skirt, which was an inch away from showing her underwear. She took the bottle out of my hands and took a long gulp.