XVII

jenojam:
i just want A DATE in general

john:
itll happen
i know it will
just keep doin ur thing
show him special treatmemt
show him that hes special for you
im sure he'll say yes to a date

jenojam:
thanks hyung
love u

john:
love u too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeno?" Renjun asked, waking up from his nap. He remembered seeing Jeno somewhere and didn't see him in his line of vision. Looking down, there he was, head of Renjun's lap and his hands nearby his face and one of them holding Renjun's hand.

The smaller blushed like crazy, not being able to process the boy's actions. His hand felt warm and he even felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. It wasn't odd for him to be feeling warm and fuzzy inside around Jeno.

He was glad that he had the younger around to protect him from Mark.

Mark...

Renjun hated seeing him around. It gave him bad memories. It was like a deja vu turned rogue.

He sighed, feeling Jeno grip his hand tighter, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Looking down, he smiles fondly at the boy. He was making him feel loved, something he hadn't felt in a while. Sure, his friends loved him, but not like that.

He wasn't sure if Jeno even felt the same way as him, but he liked it anyways. It made him feel nice.

"Hmm... Renjun...?" Jeno had been sleep talking, making Renjun laugh lightly. Had Jeno been dreaming about him?

"Yes, Jeno?" He decided to respond, just to mess with him.

"...C-cute." He said, holding his hand tightly in his and snuggling his head on the older's lap, not realizing what he had done at all. Jeno was totally unaware of how red Renjun was, blushing like crazy at Jeno's statement.

"A-Am I c-cute?" Renjun asked him, his face blooming crimson.

"R-Renjun cutie." He said, his head nestling down on his lap.

"J-Jeno..." Renjun couldn't afford to even form words after hearing that. He just gulped, wondering what Jeno could have possibly be dreaming of.

Did Jeno really mean that? Or was he just so tired he was really dreaming of something so absurd?

A knock on the door, cut him short of questions he was wondering.

"Come in." Renjun said, his other hand trailing through Jeno's hair. The younger seemed to visibly relax even more at the feeling of Renjun's fingers in his hair. Almost like a puppy.

When the figure walked in and closed the door, Renjun got mad. Why did Mark know where he was and what did he even want?

"What do you want?" Renjun's cold voice made Mark feel like shit. Did he really hate him that much?

"Renjun I-"

"Stop. Just- Just leave. Please." The boy bit his bottom lip, looking away from his ex. He didn't wanna even see him, let alone talk to him.

"Just listen to me this once. I'll leave you and your boyfriend alone after."

"...Fine." Renjun huffed. Anything was better than having Mark annoy him anymore.

Mark took a seat on a chair near the door. He could see how Renjun visibly tensed at his every move, clutching Jeno's hand even tighter.

When he sat down, he didn't know what to say. How was he going to talk calmly to Renjun? He felt like a shit person for saying the things he did that night. Or even doing the things he did that night. He regrets it all.