XIII

Renjun felt at peace for the longest time in forever. And yet, his heart was uneasy.

How could he have been so stupid to fall in love with a straight guy?

In love... fuck...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gooooood afternoon everyone!" Donghyuck chimed up as he and Jaemin approached Jeno and Jisung's table.

"Never do that again. You sound mental." Jisung added, playing iMessage games with Jeno.

Jaemin yawned and rubbed his eyes, looking so tired. Jeno noticed it and decided to ask why.

"You look exhausted. You okay?"

"Not really. Hyuck wouldn't stop kicking me off the bed." Jaemin yawned. "And the activities today are draining all my energy." Jaemin yawned right after.

"Sleeping with Yukhei is way better." Jisung added, frowning as Jeno won their game of 8-ball. Jeno dodged Jisung's attempt of hitting his arm.

"I'll pass sleeping with a giant." Jaemin said.

"Nah, Yukhei's got small-boy energy. Like the kid looks fucking tall but he can somehow squish his legs to fit on a single square on a couch." Jisung said. "So he's not kicking me in my sleep and shit."

"What about you Jeno?" Hyuck asked him. "Is sleeping with Renjun bad?"

"Nah. He's tiny enough to fit on the bed." Jeno says. "The only thing is that he clings too much onto me because he's always cold."

"I get it. Jeno's deadass like a heater when he's sleeping." Hyuck added.

"I don't even know why. It's just that when I sleep or when I'm really drowsy, I get super warm and heat up." Jeno said.

"Which is why I always stay away from Jeno after a soccer game."  Jisung added in.

Jeno chuckled and just to mess with the kid, he hugged him and closed his eyes, getting warm and cozy.

"Ew! Get off Jeno! You're like a stove!" Jisung said, prying him off. Jeno chuckled and got off of the boy, seeing how Yukhei approached his table with Renjun and Chenle in tow.

"Is this about Jeno getting so fucking warm when sleepy." Yukhei said, sitting down next to Jaemin. Chenle opted to sit next to Jisung and Renjun was left on a tiny spot next to Jeno on the picnic tables.

"Dude, I can't help it. It's not like I have a heat regulator for my body." Jeno said. Renjun chuckled and Jeno looked at him confused.

"I mean it's beneficial for me since I'm always cold." Renjun chimed in.

"Okay mister cold blooded." Yukhei scoffed.

"That's true though. Renjun's always cold, and yet he still opens the windows." Jeno said, thinking intently about it.

"Well maybe I like the cold." Renjun retorted to Jeno.

"Then stop stealing the blanket." Jeno said back.

"It's not like you need it, do you?" Renjun said back.