|Chapter 20:Moriarty|

Things were going good, great even. Although it wasn't often Sherlock and I would go on a 'date' we'd mostly spend time together it was me helping them with a case. Which is what I'm doing right now. 

"Sherlock I don't see why I had to leave work early for this." I breathed looking out in the enclosed shopping area where Sherlock, John and myself were stationed at a cafe.

"You are vital for this operation."

"Operation?" John repeat confused by his choice of words. 

"Yes, operation. We've been hunting down a man convicted of three murders and he'll show up here, but we don't know his face meaning we'll need something to make it obvious it's him." Sherlock turned to me pointing towards the grand piano near the middle of the shopping area.

"No Sherlock I'm not playing the piano, besides that's only meant to be played by employees, not just anyone." Sherlock sighed briefly.

" We need a distraction, play something that will make everyone's head turn...."

"Apart from someone who doesn't want to be seen." I finished for him knowing where he was going.

"The inspector is outside waiting for the call all we need it the man. John and I will watch out for him." Biting my lip I nodded. I could get in big trouble for playing this, but as I walked over never the less and sat down swiftly to avoid too much attention. Letting out a calm sigh I started to play (Video above), making sure to hit the keys harder so people would turn my way throughout the first-minute people started gathering. It's been so long since I've been able to play and publicly no less. By the second minute a large crowd surrounded the grand piano, no longer could I spot Sherlock and John at the cafe. This led to a little worry but continuing to play. Soon the crowd had people holding up phones filming me playing until I finished when hearing police sirens. 

"That was incredible." Someone said through the clapping when I went through the crowd seeing a man being taken away.

That was two months ago and now I'm making a pot of tea for the three of us. 

"Why is it always the hat photograph!" Sherlock shouted and I sighed watching as he punched the hat in his hand. "Why does it have two fronts? What is it a death frisbee." 

"I also thought it suited you." Sherlock gave me a look as I placed down my cup of tea. "And sexy but I'll wear it if you want." I grinned and he put it on my head. 

"We need to be more careful." I hummed turning around from staring at Sherlock to John.

"What do you mean more careful?" Sherlock asked pulling the two of us down onto his chair and right after I grabbed my tea drinking from it. 

"I mean you're not a private detective any more, you're this close from famous." I hummed out also thinking of something. 

"I've got a whole bunch of people wanting me to dress them now and for the oddest things. Grandams dinner party, school council meeting. Nothing fancy and not my field range."

"Why dress up for a woman who's soon to die."

"And she was blind. I try only work for the higher class because I gain something from it." 

"Will you two focus. Sherlock just try and keep a low profile for the next week, just a small case. Stay away from the papers." Sherlock sighed leaning back in the chair while I stayed still sipping away at my tea until he took it for a sip himself. Frowning lightly he cheekily smiled before kissing me. 

"I've got some tests to do." I hummed sadly but let him get up and I flopped back down on the chair starting to read another one of his books. Almost finished them now. 

It was quiet mostly until Sherlock's phone buzzed next to me. Placing a bookmark neatly inside of the pages I flicked open his phone and my eyes went slightly wide.

"What is it (Y/n)?" John asked and I slowly stood passing the phone to Sherlock who really didn't care less until reading it.

"Moriarty." 

The two got ready and within ten minutes they left the flat, Sherlock only peaked my lips before they went into the crowd of photographers. I suppose I'll be spending my morning cleaning up my apartment. Mrs Hudson helped me out until she went to get some lunch which left me to finish the dishes. Humming along with the soft music playing in the apartment only when the music stopped because my phone went off I frowned putting it on speaker. 

'(Y/n) Don't freak out. Sherlock got himself locked up for opening his damn mouth.' Almost dropping the wine glass in my hand I cursed under my breath. 

"Are you bailing him out now?" I asked and John sighed.

'Yes, Just waiting now... Hey.'

(Y/n) I'll need you to make a pot of tea before I get back. I need some time to think.' I didn't push the fact he almost got a year in prison but instead agreed to his request. 

Once Sherlock returned I had his tea waiting for him, freshly made. "A little too much showing off?" I asked and sherlock put a hand around my waist to grab the teacup next to me. 

"I would have thought the judge would be accustomed to talkative witnesses." He didn't just talk a lot but told everyone what to do. I sat on Johns chair while Sherlock was thinking deeply about something and murmuring out words that I couldn't hear from the short distance we were apart. Then he suddenly shot up making me jump as his phone went off. 

"Not guilty." Was all I heard from Johns voice and Sherlock went to make some tea. 

"(y/n) I'm about to have a guest and I don't want you to be seen. Would you wait in the bedroom?" 

"Moriarty?" I whispered under my breath and Sherlock nodded while placing a tray of tea down. Nodding I stood making sure to pull him in for a short kiss. "Just be careful alright." Sherlock nodded silently and started playing his violin with the bow I'd given him as I felt for the bedroom with a book in hand.