treinta y uno

hey girlypops!!!

so this is the official last chapter of out of tune and i hope you've like it. thanks for coming on this journey with me. 💛

i hope you like this sad bad boy.

"Fuck." Zach paced back and forth in his studio. He harshly wiped his eyes. "Just answer the goddamn phone Jack."

Zach dialed Jack's number again but it went straight to voicemail. "He turned it off!"

"Zach relax." Lucy stood up and set a hand on his shoulder.

Zach shoved her hand away. "No! I can't just relax! The last time this happened he almost- he almost killed himself. I can't lose him. Bro I love him so much."

"I know. But you're going to have a panic attack. You go look for him. I'll stay here just in case he comes back. Everyone else is out looking. Just be safe okay?" Lucy pulled Zach in for a hug.

Zach nodded and took a deep breath. "Text me if anything happens."

She nodded. "Of course."

Zach grabbed his keys and quickly left. He raced down the stairs and outside into the pouring rain. He got into his car and thought for a second. There were so many places that he could be. Zach decided to go to their place first.

It was an old park that wasn't in use anymore. Jack and Zach would often break in and watch the stars there since it had a clear view of the stars.

Jack had been missing for two days. They reported him missing but the cops hadn't found him.

The park was on the other side of town and Zach was glad that it was pouring rain and no one in their right mind was outside.

Zach kept his eyes on the road, hoping just maybe that Jack would be out there or that he would see Jack's Tesla out there.

Zach's phone started ringing so he pulled over to answer it.

His eyes widened at the caller ID that he had yet to change. He quickly answered the call.

"Hello? Jack? Bub where are you?" Zach quickly got that out.

The other side of the line was almost silent except for the rain and the sobs leaving Jack's lips. "I'm- Im so sorry Zach. I'm sorry I treated you so bad when you were only trying to help. I love you so much."

"I love you too Jack. I love you so much. Please let me help. I forgive you. I swear I forgive you." Zach swallowed. Jack was making him nervous. Zach furrowed his brows when he heard cars in the background. Zach put Jack's call on speaker phone and found Jack's location. He set his phone on the dashboard and pulled off the side of the street.

"You're too good to me. I don't deserve you." Jack let out a sob as he gripped the rail.

"Yes you do. You're the best thing for me Jack. No one else makes me feel this way like you do." Zach made sure his voice stayed calm.

"Zach I'm so scared." Sobs slipped past the older boys lips and into the rain.

"I know baby. You're okay. Let me help you." Zach stopped at a stop light and texted Kaylin Jack's location and told her to call an ambulance. Something was telling him that Jack was hurt.

"Zach I can't do this anymore. I can't- I can't." Jack let out a groan.

"Just take a deep breath bubba. I need you to clear your head for me." Zach swallowed. He parked down the street and got out. He quickly started a run towards where he needed to be.

"I can't." Jack leaned forward and almost slipped. "Fuck."

Zach slowed to a walk when Jack was in his sight. "Yes you can. Jack you're stronger than you give yourself credit for."

"No I'm not. I called you because I am this close to killing myself and needed to apologize to you." Jack squeezed his eyes shut.

Zach didn't say anything but he put his phone in his jacket pocket. He slowly walked closer to Jack before he wrapped his arms around Jack's waist and pulled him backwards and off of the rail. The two fell backwards, Jack landing on Zach. Zach sat up, ignoring the new sense of pain flowing in his body and pulled Jack into his lap and into a tight hug. Jack held him back just as tight as he sobbed into the boys shoulder.

Zach ran his hand up and down Jack's back. "Let it out bub. I've got you."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Zach pulled back a little. "We're are you hurt. I heard it in your voice."

Jack didn't say anything he just held up his right hand. Zach looked at it before pulling the boy back in for a hug.

Zach looked to the left as the ambulance and cops started blocking of the bridge so people couldn't drive past, not that very many people were out at the moment.

"We're going to get you help okay. I love you." Zach cupped Jack face.

Jack nodded and grabbed Zach's hands. "Can I kiss you?"

Zach nodded and Jack gently connected their lips. Kaylin rushed over and dropped on the ground, pulling Jack in for a hug. She started to cry as Jack wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

I'm sorry Kay." Jack kissed the top of her head. She just nodded before pulling away and they all stood up.

The paramedics rushed over and took the couple into the ambulance. Jack was checked for injuries, as was Zach. They got to the hospital and Jack got x-rays and got drug tested. He had a broken wrist and he tested negative for all drugs.

He was now permitted to see a psychiatrist everyday for a month.

Zach had a minor concussion and just some bruising from Jack landing on him. Zach went to Jack's room. They were keeping him for suicide watch.

Jack was sedated since he hadn't slept in almost 36 hours. Zach just quietly sat in the room and held his hand. He did end up falling asleep and waking up the next morning with Jack already awake.

Jack ran his hand through Zach's hair. Zach looked up at the older boy. "How're you feeling?"

Jack shrugged. "Alright. I kinda don't feel anything rig right now."

Zach gave him a small smile and kissed his hand. "That's okay."

"I'm sorry-"

"You don't have to. I know why you did it. I'm not mad or upset. I just wish you had talked to me. I love you Jack. I love you so much and I want you to feel like you. You helped me now let me help you." Zach looked up at Jack with hopeful eyes.

Jack nodded. "Of course. I love you too and I'm sorry for breaking up with you."

"It's okay. We're still us, just with a little bump in the road. We've gotten through other things and this one is no different. Just no more secrets." Zach looked at Jack with a small smile.

Jack nodded. "No more secrets."

1159 words

i hope you liked it. 💛

let me know what you think. 💛

there will be an epilogue. 💛

- cassandra