dos

Hey girlypops!!!!

Hope y'all are excited for this chapter and are enjoying the characters that I have introduced so far.

Not edited once again.

Enjoy folks.

As soon as Zach walked into the building he saw him.

Jack Avery.

Zach watched the boy gather his stuff. As soon as Jack looked up Zach locked eyes with him. He flashed Jack a smirk before looking away and following the receptionist down the many halls.

Zach's manager Lucy knocked on the door after they were led to the room by the receptionist. The large door swung open and a man who couldn't be older than thirty stood there with a bright smile on his face.

"You must be the famous Zach Herron! I'm Martin and welcome to my label." Martin gestured for them to come in. Zach walked in and Lucy followed. They all sat down at the large table together after shaking hands.

"So I know you were just here the other day for a small chat. I have the contract here for you. I'll let you and your manager read it over together. Take your time. If you have any questions I will be happy to clarify for you both." Martin smiles and sits back in his chair. Zach liked this guy.

Zach and Lucy took the next couple minutes reading the contract. It was pretty simple overall. It looked almost exactly like his old one but with a few more perks. He would get his own studio here, his own parking spot, an assistant, and a bodyguard.

"If I sign this when is the earliest I can come in and start working?" Zach sat up straight and looked at Martin.

"As soon as you want. You can come in tomorrow morning and we can give you a tour and introduce you to all of our other clients." Martin gave a warm smile and ran a hand through his hair.

"Sweet. Lucy do you have a pen?"

"Of course I do." She smiled and handed the pen to Zach. She knew he would be happier here.

Zach signed both copies of the contract before handing one to Martin and keeping the other one for himself.

"Wonderful. Thank you for having faith in us here at Journey Records. What time would you like to come in tomorrow?" Martin started to file the contract as Zach and Lucy gathered their stuff.

"Is ten good?"

"Ten is perfect. Everyone usually comes in early." Martin shut the filing cabinet and walked back over to Lucy and Zach.

"How many people do you have signed right now?" Zach checked the time on his watch before looking back up at Martin.

"About seven, eight now including yourself. They should all be here tomorrow since they usually are when we are looking into signing or have signed someone new." Martin took his jacket off and set it on the table.

"Okay sounds good. I'm looking forward to working with you all." Zach pulled his sunglasses over his eyes and pulled up his hood.

"I am too." Martin reaches out and shook hands with both of them. "I'll see you tomorrow Zach."

"See you later Zach."

Zach followed Lucy down the halls and down to the lobby. Two security guards were standing there waiting for the two teenagers. The paparazzi outside were still waiting. They couldn't see into the building since there was one way glass for the windows.

Zach texted his friend Eden that he would be at her apartment soon. He put it away just as three girls walked into the building and shouting was coming from outside. They stopped to sign in at the reception desk. They took their own sunglasses off of their faces and Zach recognized them as Dreaming With You, a new girl band who had gained popularity in the last year.

One of them turned around after signing her name. She had short blonde platinum hair, fair skin, and was on the shorter side. She raised a brow before giving a small smile and waving. Zach smiled back before Lucy started to pull him out of the building.

Zach quickly grabbed his car keys before they entered the hot sun. Zach had become so good at ignoring the questions being thrown at him so he easily passed them. He had taught himself to completely blank his mind so nothing could get in.

He unlocked his blue Jeep before getting in, Lucy following his actions. He started the car and quickly pulled out of his parking spot and drove away as best as he could.

Fingers snapped in front of his face. "You did it again Zach."

"Sorry." Zach focused on driving as Lucy plugged in her music. Zach's brows furrowed as his song flowed out of the speakers. Lucy quickly changed he smooth melody of him to some Rex Orange County. "Whatcha listening to the Lucy?"

"Sorry Zach." Lucy sighed before turning the volume down a bit. "I don't understand why y'all hate each other so much. You've never even spoken to the kid."

"I think he seems like he's fake."

"You mean exactly what you are? You put on this bad boy facade that you know is so fake." Lucy rolled her eyes and went on her phone.

Zach chose to ignore her because he knew that she was right. He wouldn't let her know that. Even though she could read right through him.

He just drove her to her downtown LA apartment. He pulled up on the street and she got out of the car.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning Zach." She walked up to her apartment and Zach drove away when she was safely in the building.

Zach only had to drive about twenty minutes with traffic to get to Eden's place. He made sure the coast was clear before parking his car and hurriedly walking into the building and to the twelfth floor. He knocked on the door and she answered almost immediately. She pulled him into her home almost immediately.

She shut and locked the door. "It's about time you got here. Jules will be here soon. His read through took longer than he thought it would." Eden was talking about the film Julian would be shooting soon.

"Okay. What are we watching tonight?" Zach took his shoes off before following Eden into the living room. Her blinds were already drawn and she had Netflix pulled up on her tv.

"I was thinking a Disney marathon. But not a long marathon since I have a shoot tomorrow morning at six and Julian has another read through. Not to mention you have another meeting." Eden moved into the kitchen and grabbed some snacks that she had bought earlier today on her way home from a meeting with her management. Zach helped her grab some of the drink, non alcoholic of course.

They were setting everything up when there was a knock at the front door. Eden perked up and immediately went to open it. She soon came back with Julian following her.

Julian looked at the cozy room that looks like it came straight off of Pinterest and smiled a large grin. "Let's get this party of three started."

1176 words

I hope y'all are liking this so far. 💛

Next chapter is an exciting one. 😉😉

Let me know what you think. 💛

Also the chapters are numbered in Hawaiian since I use a different language for all of my books. 😂💛

- Cassandra