cuatro

Hey girlypops!!!

I'm not going to be doing these authors notes before the chapters anymore unless I have something important to say. 💛💛

Also I changed the chapter names from Hawaiian to Spanish. 🇪🇸

When Zach showed up to Journey Records for his fourth day in a row he was nervous just like he was for all the other days. He didn't know why he chose the studio directly next to Jack. He didn't know why he didn't hate the boy.

He didn't know what was going on.

Zach hated this feeling he had. He felt vulnerable and weak. He had this bad boy image and it crumbled the second he saw Jack. He didn't know why he had such an urge to have Jack like him.

He was sitting in his studio that he had decorated a bit. He just brought in a few plants and two blankets. It gets really cold in the rooms.

He also had two of his guitars there and just some other basic essentials. Lucy was currently getting him a mini fridge and some snacks for the room. He was currently working on his next album so he knew he would be here a lot.

He was currently sitting on the couch with his guitar in hand, his laptop open on the coffee table in front of him, and a notebook next to his laptop. He was jotting down the lyrics to a new song that probably wouldn't make the album because it didn't fit all of his other music. He was also to nervous to talk to Martin about it.

Zach nearly jumped out of his skin when someone knocked on his door. He quickly set his guitar down and went to open the door. He opened it to see Daniel. Zach looked at him with a confused look. No one had spoken to him at all when he was here.

"Do you want to come to lunch with us?" Daniel pushed past Zach and looked around the room. He turned back to Zach. "It's me, Jonah, Corbyn, and Jack."

"No thank you. I appreciate the offer though." Zach went to go sit back down but Daniel pulled him back.

"You're coming with. Jack won't mind." Daniel crosses his arms and raised a brow at Zach.

"He hates me. I would like to come but I don't think he would like that and I don't want to intrude. That's the last thing I want to do as the new guy." Zach started to clean up his mess. He threw away his empty coffee cup and his granola bar wrapper. He put his guitar back on its stand in the corner. He closed his laptop and put it into his backpack along with the notebook.

"I don't care. I invited you and he can deal with it if he doesn't like it. And if you show him that you're not as big of an asshole that the media portrays you as, like you are right now, you should be fine." Daniel rolled his eyes before locking them on Zach's.

"Fine."

"Great. You can drive right?" Daniel walked out of the room and Zach followed.

"Yeah I can. Why?" Zach pulled his keys out of his jacket pocket and jangled them a bit.

"You're driving me to lunch. I didn't drive today since my car is getting detailed today." Daniel walked next to Zach and wrapped an arm around the shorter boy's shoulders.

"Okay." Zach walked towards the door to the staircase.

"You know we have an elevator." Daniel pushed the button to go down.

"Yeah they give me anxiety bro. I'll meet you down there." Zach pushed the door open and trotted down the steps. When he got down there the other three boys were already in the lobby. Zach avoided eye contact and waited for Daniel at the elevator. Daniel soon emerged and smiled at Zach.

"Maybe I should have taken the steps." Daniel chuckled and pulled Zach towards the group. Zach lingered behind Daniel and fiddled with his fingers. "Zach is coming to lunch with us."

Zach's eyes locked with Jack's. He could feel the dislike towards him coming from the curly haired boy. Zach gave him a small smile before looking away.

"Yeah that's good. Is he driving you?" Corbyn twirled his own car keys on his finger and gestured between the two.

"Yeah he's driving me." Daniel motioned to the keys in Zach's hand. "Let's go eat shall we?"

They all walked out of the building together but went separate ways to their cars.

"Which one is yours?" Daniel stopped and looked around at the cars parked in front of the building.

"It's the Jeep right there." Zach pointed to the royal blue Jeep a few cars down. He walked over to it and unlocked it. Daniel climbed into the passenger seat as Zach got in and started it. He let Daniel put the place into his gps.

He pulled away from the building and made his way to the small restaurant.

Zach parked in front of Lazy Burger which is where they were eating. He turned the car off before getting out and locked it. He followed Daniel into the restaurant and towards the table. Daniel sat down next to Jonah and across from Jack. Zach got anxious when the only seat open was the one next to Jack. He hesitated before sitting in the chair. He moved his chair away from Jack. He didn't want to make the boy angry.

Zach listened to their conversation but he didn't join in. When the waitress came over to take their food order Zach didn't get much. He got a salad and a small order of French fries. He ate quietly.

"What about you Zach?" Jonah looked over at him. Zach's head snapped up and he cleared his throat.

"Sorry I didn't hear what you were talking about." Zach wiped his hands on a napkin and looked at Jonah.

"We were just talking about our music and how it's going." Jonah took a sip of his coffee and gave the younger boy a small smile.

"Oh well I'm still working on my album that I was talking about earlier this year. It's not going so well though. I've been wanting to change my sound up a bit and try something new but my old label didn't let me so I think I'll probably stick to my usual teenaged pop." Zach played with the rings on his fingers under the table. He always got nervous talking about that kind of stuff.

"It's your music you can do whatever the hell you want with it. Who cares what other people think. Maybe you could release a single first and see how people take it. I would love to work with you on something." Daniel played with the straw of his drink.

Jack hesitated before clearing his throat. Everyone looked at him and he locked eyes with Zach. "Maybe you and I can work on a song or something."

Everyone was shocked to say the least, Zach especially. "Are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

1179 words

I hope you like this. 💛

Let me know what you think.💛

- Cassandra