A Cup Full of Cheer (One-shot)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday~

Chapter warning: Swearing

***

Goth had never really been one for Christmas parties, but he had decided to make an exception when Palette asked him to come for what the monster had called a little get-together between friends on Christmas Eve; this turned out to be a fifty-strong, music-blasting, wannabe moshpit crammed into a single household and backyard. Someone had managed to sneak alcohol into the party, but the stuff really had no appeal or effect on him and Palette luckily wasn't too keen on the taste.

He had to admit he felt bad for whoever owned the home; it would likely be trashed before the night was done if the current state was any indication.

The smaller skeleton finished off the solo cup of soda in his hand as he watched the love of his life laugh along to a joke that he didn't really consider all that funny. Goth was far more focused on the cheer in Palette's voice as they talked over the music; how their sockets crinkled upward when they smiled; the way they-

"Someone's thirsty," a voice commented loudly by his skull.

Goth whipped to his right, finding his brother Raven standing next to him... wearing a santa hat? 

Before he could voice his surprise, Palette leaned over and gasped, "No wonder you're thirsty, your cup's empty! Hold on; I'll get us more soda."

Thankful that the innuendo went over Palette's skull, Goth directed his attention to his brother once the colorful skeleton was gone and yelled over the music in exasperation, "Why are you here?"

"I was invited, just like you," the monster shouted back with a casual shrug and a grin, "I saw you over here and decided to check on my little brother."

"I'm older than you by two years," Goth corrected with a deadpan expression.

The reaction only seemed to egg Raven on as he leveled his hand at the hooded skeleton's height, "You're still little compared to me."

Goth silently fumed, knowing his brother was technically right, standing almost a full head taller than him; rather than trying to argue semantics and dragging out his aggravation, he changed the subject, "Well, you've checked on me; now you can go back to whatever you were doing."

"I don't know...," Raven drawled. Goth didn't like that tone; it never led anywhere good, "You look like you're having a bit of a problem here-"

"Raven-"

"-and it's my brotherly duty to help you out," the monster finished, glancing past him. Goth followed his brother's gaze, groaning at the sight of Palette chatting with someone else across the room while still somehow managing not to spill the contents of the pair of cups in each hand despite their animated gestures; he really didn't like where this was going. His soul jumped into his throat as Raven cleared his peripheral vision, heading toward the drink counter and opening their mouth to shout, "Hey-!"

"NO!" Goth screeched in panic, lunging at his brother.

"Wh-OOF!" Raven grunted when the smaller skeleton latched onto his brother's neck; luckily, it wasn't difficult to hold on once Goth had enough sense to levitate into a more favorable position, piggybacking on their shoulders and attempting to steer them away from a confrontation like a horse as they tried to pry his hands off, "Goth, quit acting like a little gremlin... OW, I'm trying to help you!"

"Like hell you are!" Goth burst out, knocking the santa hat loose as he yanked his brother's skull in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, the commotion managed to attract Palette's attention as the worried monster quickly wove through the crowd toward them; knowing he only had a few seconds to fix this, the hooded skeleton leaned over and growled by Raven's skull, "Look, you better keep your mouth shut because if you tell Palette, I'll tell Blueprint."