Chapter 9.

Patrick's P.O.V

A thousand things began running through my head. How could I tell her? This beautiful creature I've fallen in love with. Tell her the truth and risk losing her? She deserves to know. Of course after telling her the truth, she would leave. She would probably faint first.

UGH!!!!! Why is this so hard? I should've told her when I had the chance. I was given these gifts for a reason. I needed to let her know.

"Give me a minute to think.." I stood up and paced the room, back and forth, back and forth, going over it in my head.

"Will you just spit it out?!" She said aggravated.

I tried not to smile, but couldn't help it and she threw her pillow at me.

I snickered "I'm sorry! I'm just trying to make it easy for me to explain." I leaned against the window.

"Patrick, if you don't tell me now, I just might scream." This wasn't really the Alice I knew. Before she was softer, she kept things to herself, but she couldn't hide her emotions, at least from me. This Alice had attitude, she spoke how she felt for the most part, she was more open. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it.

I looked up, closing my eyes . She's going to hate me.

"I love you." Those words were all that could come out. I couldn't even look at her.

"You've said that already." She responded coldly, and it was like a slap to the face.

Even though her words hurt, her emotions told me more. She was feeling uncomfortable, and I shook it off of me. I didn't want her feeling that way. "I guess I might as well get it over with..." I whispered to myself.

I walked over to her, and grabbed her hands. I didn't take my eyes off hers.

"You have to be open minded, and try to keep up with me, okay?" I sighed.

She nodded.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I studied her.

"We were at a coffee shop, and then I saw Alex.." Her voice broke, but she kept going, "after talking to him and Ashley, I started walking away. I missed home..." She played with her hands.

"Okay that's good.." I paused.

"So... How did I end up here??" She looked up at me.

I sighed. "Alice..I'm not what you think I am." Immediately, I looked down.

"Elaborate." She said keeping distance between us.

"Its a long story.." I tried to grab her hand and she pulled away.

"I need answers, now." Her eyes were cold. Is this what it's going to be now? I tell her the truth, and then what? Stop loving her? Leave her alone? I honestly don't think I have the ability to do that.

Here goes nothing...