Chapter 6.

AN: I feel like my writing has changed a lot. And I'm sorry if you don't wanna continue the rest of the story after this chapter. It's been 3 years since I first started this story back in HS. I hope you enjoy it, but it definitely might be a little different . Also if you do like this chapter check out my other book "15 going on 21"

XOXO
-'Maxinee.

"Alexander ?"
The voice called again. I looked across the road, and of course who is walking towards us?

Ashley.

"Hey beautiful." Alex coos.
I look up trying to hold my barf in. My stomach wasn't having it. I looked to Patrick and he mouthed me the word "breath." With a sexy smug smile.

How could I possibly breath when he's standing three feet away from me, leaving me breathless.

I looked up and inhaled.

"You two know each other?" Patrick said and I exhaled.

"Of course, this is my boyfriend." She smiles.

"Of course he is.." I whisper under my breath.

"Excuse me?" How could I compete with someone like her? She was so beautiful. I hated her. She was beautiful but she flirted with Patrick AND she's with Alex. Geez , what a slut. I hated her. And I don't hate many people.

"Nothing." I rolled my eyes, "Alex, meet me here in about an hour" I pointed to the coffee shop. "There's something I need to do." I looked over at Patrick and he's eyes were full of questions.

Ha! I guess he really can't read my mind. I couldn't help my little smug smile.

I began walking. Where? I had no clue, but I needed to clear my head. And I needed to talk to Patrick alone.

15 minutes into our walk of full silence, he finally breaks it.

"Alice..what's wrong.?" His voice sounds so considered.
I couldn't help but smile.
"There's a lot going through my mind." I say softly, looking down at my hands. I never noticed the direction my nail polish goes. You can totally see I paint it to the right. Odd.
"...or don't." He says looking forward.

"Hmm..?" I muttered.

"I asked you to tell me what is wrong."
He said sternly.

"I just haven't seen Alex for years. It making me.." He cut me off.

"It's making you miss home. It's making you have a whole lot of questions, but they're running too fast in your head, you can't make them out." He said looking forward. No emotion on his face. In face, at this moment he scared me . He was a whole different person.

"That's exactly how I feel..." I said softly.
He stopped walking and grabbed my hand. He held me close to him, his stare intense. He wouldn't look away from my eyes, and as hard as I tried to break the eye contact, my eyes couldn't look away from his.

You could see pain, and hurt, and dark in his eyes. I'd never seen Patrick like this before, though it's only been a short period of time.

It must of been years of me staring into his eyes, and suddenly it all went black.