25

/\/\/

/\/\/

Miller's body weighed down on Byrd's shoulders as he fell unconscious, incoherent noises leaving his lips. She kept up with Bellamy easily, Murphy striding ahead as he tried to navigate his way through the maze of halls; Gabriel helping every now and then. 

'He's in there,' Murphy pointed to the door ahead of them.

'Gabriel,' Byrd tossed her knife toward the man.

He caught it by the handle and pushed it between the doors, sliding it upward until it hit the lock, unlatching it. He pushed the doors open, Byrd and Bellamy dragging Miller in as he continued to fade. Jordan sat on his bed cross legged, his hands held out in front of him; his skin pale and clammy.

'That's everyone. Mission accomplished,' Gabriel shut the doors with Emori.

'Jordan, we're here. You're safe,' Bellamy approached the boy.

'Lay him down.'

Byrd dumped Miller on the floor, leaning over him as she patted his cheek; trying to wake him.

'He'll be out for hours,' Gabriel held her knife out of her.

'Keep it,' She waved it off.

'Jordan?' Bellamy sat on the edge of the bed.

'He's in too deep to respond,' Gabriel shook his head.

'Adjustment protocol?' Murphy glanced at the boy.

'Yeh.'

He helped Byrd up from the floor, hugging her again before letting her approached Octavia. She wrapped her arms around her girl, holding her close as she kissed her cheek.

'If I had've known,' She whispered.

'It's ok. It did me good,' The girl chuckled softly.

Echo picked up a cup from Jordan's bedside, 'The blood of Sanctum is real blood?'

'Only partially. Simone predicted that the blood letting would deepen religious experience,' Gabriel shone a light in Miller's eyes; 'But, the psychoactive component is pure red sun toxin. Useful stuff. When used properly, it can be, yeh.'

'Help!' A shouted suddenly sounded before a man came running out from behind a counter.

Octavia and Byrd turned, sticking their arms out; coat hanging him. He flipped backward onto the ground with a thud, Byrd pressing her boot into his throat until he passed out.

'Looks like we found our adjuster,' Gabriel shrugged.

'I don't understand,' Bellamy turned to him; 'I told them the truth, why are they still doing this?'