6

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd sat in the corner as Clarke tended to Octavia's wound, staring darkly across at the girl Clarke had called Madi. She watched on with excitement, fangirling over Octavia as she sat with her arm on the table; Clarke leaning over it. The Delani girl shook her head, smirking as Madi glanced over at her and away again quickly. 

'Madi's a big fan,' Clarke informed Octavia; 'She's heard every story about the girl under the floor who saved the human race.'

'Now what's your story?' Byrd asked.

'You survived six years of radiation? What's your secret?' Octavia added.

'Synthetic Nightblood, like me,' Clarke answered as Madi dropped her gaze; 'I took her to Becca's lab and shared my bone marrow to keep her alive.'

'You're lucky Clarke found you.'

The door suddenly opened and Cooper strode in, 'Ready to move?'

'She needs another day's rest,' Clarke stated.

'She needs to be with her people.'

'I'm done licking my wounds,' Octavia agreed as she stood, nodding to Byrd; 'Let's go remind the others what we promised them.'

Cooper helped her into her armour, Madi watching on in complete awe as she turned to face the girl.

'Kom folau... Oso na gyon op,' Octavia smiled slightly.

Madi smiled, watching as the pair left; forgetting about the girl in the corner. 

'Octavia's such a badass,' Madi smiled toward her adoptive mother; 'But, Byrd kind of scares me.'

'Well, they don't call me the Devil for nothing,' Byrd stood with a smirk, the pair spinning around to face her; 'I don't believe your story, Blondie, you need to teach the little warrior here how to lie.'

Clarke opened her mouth to say something, fear in her eyes.

'Don't worry,' She shook her head as she walked forward into the light; 'I won't tell anyone. I've got my own secret to hide, remember?'

She motioned to the black blood stains, the blonde's eyes falling to them.

'How did you manage to hide that for so long?' She asked.

'I make sure to wear clothes that cover the main targets in a fight, but rarely do I ever actually get hit,' Byrd smirked; 'Don't worry, kid, I won't tell anyone. Maybe I can teach you how to fight, to protect yourself. I taught your Mum everything she knows.'

'Really?' Madi asked.

'Oh, so she didn't tell you that story?'

'What story?'