5

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd sat on the table picking out her nails with her knives, listening to the planning going on before her. Octavia stood over a map with Indra, Cooper and one of their guards, trying to find a way to Shallow Valley the quickest way possible. She, herself, was bored and growing anxious at not knowing Murphy's fate, attempting to distract herself with the issue at hand.

'They don't know we're coming, so all three northern passes will be wide open. But the village will be fortified,' Octavia thought aloud; 'Where's the water source?'

'Here,' The guard muttered as he pointed to a spot on the map.

'Why? What are you thinking?' Indra asked.

'My question exactly,' Clarke asked as she strode into the room.

'Oh, look who decided to join the party. Blondie,' Byrd cheered sarcastically with a fake smile before she chuckled to herself.

'Miller, your orders were to go-' Cooper sneered.

'I know my orders,' He cut her off, only causing Byrd to laugh once more; 'I think we should listen to what Clarke has to say.'

Octavia looked to the blonde as she said, 'You can't take the sea route.'

'Why? You said the sea is gone,' Indra queried; 'Is it passable or not?'

'Yes, maybe. But you have to understand-'

'Maybe's good enough for me. Let's move out,' Octavia stepped forward, only to be blocked by her brother.

'O,' He warned.

Their guard and Cooper released the safety of their guns as they aimed it at the boy, who held his hands up.

'Stand down,' Octavia stated.

'Please, O, just hear us out,' Bellamy suggested wearily, eyeing off Byrd's calm form.

'Octavia, we're all on the same team,' Clarke reminded her; 'No one wants to get to that valley more than me. It's my home. But this way is too risky.'

'Risky how?' Indra asked.

'Show me,' Octavia muttered.

The blonde stepped around her and approached the table, eyes set on the map.

'You chose the shortest route, which makes sense, but the dry seabed is hit by almost constant sandstorms,' Clarke explained. 

'We have the tents from the second dawn. Sand won't be a problem,' Octavia drawled. 

'It's not just sand. Some of it crystallised in Praimfaya. I'm talking shards of glass like razor blades. Your tents will be torn to shreds and so will you.'