4

/\/\/

/\/\/

The crowd was cheering and yelling as Gaia commenced the fight, the other grounder in the ring moving to grab his weapon. Byrd stepped forward, leaning on the railing as she watched over the fight like a hawk. 

'What is this? Choose your weapon,' The man yelled when Kane refused to move.

But, he kept his gaze upward at their leaders, his head snapping to the side as the grounder hit him. Kane merely turned his head back around slowly, yelling as the sword sliced through his skin; his body falling to the ground. The man in the pit with him was talking to him lowly, trying to get him to fight as the crowd yelled. 

'I will not kill this man,' Kane spoke loudly, causing Octavia to stand; 'Somehow we allowed justice to become vengeance and vengeance to become sport, and I allowed that, that darkness to rise But my complicity ends today.'

Byrd followed after the girl with Indra and Gaia as she strode away from her throne, coming down to the pit as the room fell silent. The grounder stepped backward and was quick to bow to Octavia as Kane struggled to stay standing, his eyes falling to them. 

'You are Wonkru, or you are the enemy of Wonkru,' Octavia sneered; 'Choose.'

'I already have,' Kane replied. 

The Delani child smirked as Octavia turned away, snatching a knife from the sheaths on her back. She let her, barely moving as the crowd roar when Octavia kicked him onto his back. 

'Get up,' She sneered as she rounded him; 'Come on, Kane. Where is your survival instinct?'

'Saving my people is about more than keeping them alive,' Kane pushed himself up onto his knees; 'It's not too late.'

'For you, it is.'

Octavia drew her arm across her body to swing, but was stopped as the entire bunker began to shake; rumbling coming from above. Rocks fell from above as light shone through the hole that was made, people jumping back away from the fences. 

'Clear the arena! Get the prisoners to their cells,' Indra yelled; 'Octavia, it's not safe here.'

'No,' The Blake girl snatched her arm back; 'No!'

Byrd's eyes came to life as she looked up at the blaring light of the sky as it shone through the hole, her smirk becoming genuine. A shadow danced over her eyes as someone was lowered into the bunker, her hand coming to block the light to find Bellamy. Everyone watched on in fear, Octavia stepping forward as Bellamy looked around; coming to face her. When he met his sister's gaze, he stopped. Octavia dropped Byrd's sword, jumping into her brother's arms as soft sobs left her mouth. 

The siblings held each other, Bellamy placing a kiss to the side of her head. Another person was lowered down into the hole, Clarke's blonde hair only causing Byrd to roll her eyes as a smirked in amusement. She shook her head, stepping forward to hug Bellamy when Octavia moved away to greet the blonde. She held him tight, threading her hand through his near shoulder length, curly hair; his beard tickling her cheek. He held her close, a hand on the back of her head as he placed a careful kiss to her temple.