sixty- five

North Jones: I thought people's decisions don't define you, El? The decision that I choose of seeing you, realizing who you are and then what to do after that won't define you either. And besides, it doesn't matter who you are, remember? What matters is what you've done for me and that's all that counts in my mind.

North Jones: But nevertheless all that, it's not the reason why I haven't replied for a while.

North Jones: I'm moving.

Ringing...

Ringing...

"what do you mean you're moving?"

"hello to you too."

"north,"

"my dad's moving out of the house. he decided he can't stand being in the same place with my mom anymore and even went to lengths to move somewhere out of town. then it was decided that i come with him."

"but... but you can't move."

"i wish i didn't have to... but it's happening."

he paused for a slight moment to panic then cleared his throat. "when are leaving?"

"tomorrow morning."

"what?! but that's so soon."

"'the sooner, the better', to quote my dad."

there's another moment of silence, "then it's now or never. are you free tonight?"

"wait what—are you sure about this? i mean i want to meet but if you're still fearful, i don't want this to force you."

"i'm sure, north. you were right. it won't matter what you will think—and i hope it doesn't when the time comes—but once thing is certain, it should be done tonight."

the both of them feel a shiver, the shock of excitement and nervousness running down their spines.

north took a deep breath, "okay. let's do it."

"the coffee shop where we planned to meet, say in fifteen minutes?"

"see you then, el."

"it won't be el for long."