••• Chapter 22 •••

A/N: Hey guys... please read the author's note at the end. <3 I'm so sorry babies.

Tobias and I part lips when the ferris wheel comes to a stop. I notice the man running the ride roll his eyes at us, but I let it go. I just had my first kiss with my long distance boyfriend, and I'm not going to let some stranger ruin it.

When we get off the ferris wheel I notice a cotton candy stand in the distance. My eyes light up, and I pull Tobias towards it.

"Where are we going?" he asks while letting out a cute little chuckle. Both of our cheeks are still flushed from the kiss, but neither of us are talking about it.

"Cotton candy," I reply in a tone as if it were obvious. He nods, and we walk the rest of the way.

We get to the stand and buy cotton candies. I try to at least pay for mine, but Tobias decides that he has to be a stereotypical boyfriend and buy it. He's so cute.

»»»

When we finished eating our spun together sugar on a paper stick, it was getting dark. I told Tobias that we should leave, but he insisted that he win me something. Sterotypical boyfriend alert... again.

So now I'm sitting in the passenger seat of the car with a stuffed panda bear in my lap as Tobias drives to my house.

The car ride is silent. It's a comfortable silence, but there's a tiny bit of tension that I know he also feels. I want to kiss him again.

Tobias parks in my driveway, and we walk inside. It's only nine o'clock, but it seems as if my parents and Caleb decided to go to sleep early tonight considering no one's in the living room or kitchen.

We walk upstairs and change into our pajamas before turning off the light and settling under the sheets.

As soon as I close my eyes, I hear my boyfriend sigh beside me.

"Are you okay?" I ask, looking him in the eye.

"I just-" he stops, and his lips are mine again. "I love you," he finishes when he pulls away.

I smile and let out a tiny giggle. "I love you too."

He pecks my lips one more time before laying back down and says, "I'm so glad we got to break the distance."

THE END

A/N: So... yes. This is the end of "Break the Distance". I had so much more planned for it, and I'm honestly really upset. I've really enjoyed writing this, but I've lost inspiration for this story seeing that Divergent isn't my main fandom anymore. I really want to start a new fanfic that's been in my drafts for a long time, and I felt this was a good ending. There might be a sequel in the future so I can add the things I wanted like suprise meetings, prom, etc. No promises though. I'll update you guys if I do decide to write one.

I love you all so much!

Until next time, Bree <3

Word count: 394
Completed on: 03/28/20