••• Chapter 13 •••

February 14
4 months and 16 days

The sound of my alarm clock wakes me up, and I groan. "Shut up," I grumble as if the clock can hear me. My hand shoots out from under my warm blanket, and I lazily slap at the snooze button until I successfully hit it.

I close my eyes again and just as I start to drift off, the beeping starts back. I angrily flip the switch to off and sigh. With much hesitation, I slowly sit up with a pout on my face. If it isn't obvious, I didn't sleep very well last night. I was up until 4:00 this morning simply because I couldn't sleep. I wake up at 7:00. This morning, however, I'm up at 6:00. Two hours of sleep. Amazing.

I yawn and place my feet onto the freezing floor before pushing my blanket off of me completely. I stand up and cross my arms over my chest, shivering. Why is it so cold? I hurry to my closest and pull out a cute t-shirt with a heart on it and my favorite pair of jeans with my black Converse. After I get dressed, I do my hair into two braids on each side of my head and put on my mascara.

At least I don't look like a zombie. I just feel like one. I pick up my phone before I hear a voice from downstairs.

"Tris!"

"What mom?"

"There's something at the door," she says, "and I'm pretty positive it's yours."

"Okay!" I yell back. "One sec!"

I pick my phone back up and open Snapchat. I take a selfie and click the screen. 'Happy Valentines Day, baby,' I type. 'I love you so much.' Then I click at the bottom of the screen and type, '4 months and 16 days." I save it to my memories because -let's face it- I save everything to my memories. Then I click send, and tap on Tobias' name -which at the moment is, My Valentine,- and smile when it says 'delivered.' He's still asleep, but we can talk when I get home from school.

I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder before heading downstairs. "What is it?" I ask my mom.

"The door." She nods her head in the direction. "Open it."

I narrow my eyes at her, but I do what she said. When the door is fully opened, I am greeted with a giant box, that's about an inch taller than me.

"Mom!" I yell. "What is this?"

"How would I know?" she yells back from the kitchen with a laugh.

"What makes you think it's mine?"

Nothing says anything about it being fragile and since it's so big, I do the only logical thing. I go behind it and push it so it's inside my house.

"Who else in this house would have something delivered to them on Valentines day?" At my mom's words, I freeze. Valentines Day. He did not send me something this big. Did he?

I laugh nervously before pushing the box one last time so that it's laying on its side, and I close the door. I tear the tape off the top of the box and slowly pull the flaps back.

I furrow my eyebrows when I see a piece of paper. I unfold it and smile at the words

It says, "'Is your name wifi? Because I'm feeling a connection.' 'Is your name Google? Because you have everything I'm looking for.' 'Emojis can't describe the way I feel about you.'" I roll my eyes but laugh at the cheesy internet themed pick up lines then continue to read.

"Happy Valentines Day, Tris. (At least I hope this arrives on time.) You might think this gift is cheesy, but I couldn't resist. Remember, the distance is only a small factor in our relationship, and we're doing just fine. Who said long distance can't work? Because we prove them wrong. I love you so much babygirl, and I can't wait to hold you in my arms. ~Tobias"

There's something that looks like a stuffed ear sticking out of the box, but when I try to pull it out, it doesn't budge. I sigh, and glance around the living room. I spot a pair of scissors on the coffee table and pick them up. I cut the box, careful not to mess up what's inside.

"He didn't!" I scream with a laugh. Tears of happiness stream down my face as I pull the giant teddy bear out of the cardboard box.

"What is it?" my mom shouts.

"Tris!" Caleb screams from upstairs. "Shut up! School doesn't start for two hours and I'm trying to sleep!"

"Leave me alone, Caleb! I'm happy." I smile. "Mom. It's a giant teddy bear..." My voice trails off when I see something else with a piece of paper taped to it. I take the paper and read it.

"'You know what this is made of? Boyfriend material.'" I roll my eyes at his cheesiness once again and read the rest of the note. "Seriously. It is. I'm your boyfriend, and here's my sweatshirt."

I put the paper down, and pick up the sweatshirt. He mailed me his sweatshirt. It's a black, Adidas sweatshirt. Out of curiosity, I hold the sleeve up to my nose, wondering what it smells like. Does it smell like him? I sniff it, and sure enough, it has a smell that distinguishes it as male. It's not a bad smell. It smells like cologne. Is it his cologne?

I smile and slip it over my head. I hope he smells like this. This is a smell I can get used to. Stop being weird, Tris. It's just a smell.

I pull out my phone, and enter Snapchat. I take a picture of my bear. I type, "My boyfriend is better than yours, and he lives across the country." I post it, and then I take a mirror picture in his sweatshirt. "I'm never taking this off," I caption it. "I love you so much. Happy Valentines Day." I post it on my story as well.

Finally, I take a selfie and send it to Tobias. "Thanks for the gifts. You're the best, and I want to hug you now! I love you. Btw... Does this sweatshirt smell like you?"

A/N: This was cuter in my head... Happy Valentines Day to all my readers. I just want to let you guys know that I LOVE YOU! 💞

Word count: 1,054
Updated on 02/14/19