••• Chapter 21 •••

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating like ever... I'm kind of starting to wish I made this a series so that might happen.

"Tobias!" I yell running down the stairs the next morning. I find him sitting on my couch watching television, and his head snaps to where I'm standing. "We're going to the fair. Get dressed."

He laughs before standing up and walking towards me. Without hesitation, he wraps his arms around me. I cuddle my head into his chest and breathe in the amazing smell once again that is Tobias Eaton. "I still can't believe I'm here."

I back out of his arms and smile. "Me either, but go get ready."

He puts his hands up in surrender. "Okay. Okay. I'm going." He pecks my forehead with a kiss before going upstairs into the guest bedroom.

•••

"Come on, please?" I ask with a pout. We've been at the fair for hours, and there's still one ride we have yet to go on. My favorite ride.

"Tris." He scratches the back of his neck. "I don't really-"

He stops and looks up at the giant spinning wheel in front of us.

"It's just a Ferris Wheel, Tobias." I chuckle. "It won't kill you."

"I'm not so sure about that."

I start dragging him towards the lit up Ferris Wheel, and he once again stops when we get close. I give him a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

He sighs and nods his head. "Yeah. Let's go." He grabs my hand, and we walk to the end of the line.

•••

We only stood in line for about five minutes and now we're sitting in our seat. I have a wide smile on my face as I lean my head on Tobias' shoulder.

When I feel us start moving, I lift my head up to see my boyfriend gripping tightly to the rails.

"Tobias," I say slowly. He takes a shaky breath in. "Are you okay? What's-" He releases the breath, and I realize what's going on. "You're scared of heights."

He just nods, and closes his eyes tightly.

"I'm so sorry," I say. "I didn't know. I shouldn't have-" He stops me by putting his finger on my lips.

"Tris." He laughs. "Shut up. Don't blame yourself. I didn't tell you so you didn't know. I just want you to have a good time."

I look up to meet his eyes and after a few seconds, I feel the Ferris Wheel stop. I don't look away from Tobias' eyes to see how high up we are, but I know it's high enough when I hear his breath hitch.

I reach my hand up to touch his face, trying desperately to distract him when I get an idea.

"I know what might help you forget how high off the ground we are," I say.

He looks at me confused for a few seconds, and then I smirk, attaching his lips to mine for the first time.

A/N: THEY KISSED. Maybe that will make up for me being so MIA lately.

Word count: 472
Updated on 12/04/19