••• Chapter 17 •••

May 30
1 month

The bell rings, and I pick up my now empty backpack and rush down the hall. When I reach the door, I have to wait like a hundred years to get to my car.

When I finally slide into the driver's seat, I let out a sigh. Peace out junior year. I turn the key in the ignition and back slowly out of the parking lot.

So much has changed this past school year. The majority of that was a good change.

Those changes all started in November of my Sophomore year, and now I'm leaving school for the last time as a junior. All those changes started when I met a boy on Instagram.

It's still hard for me to process that in a month, he'll be here. He'll be right beside me, we won't be separated by the miles of road that's always between us.

I pull into my driveway and quickly run into my room. I plop down on my bed and log onto Snapchat. I lay there for at least an hour before I get bored and pull out my phone.

I take a selfie and add the temperature sticker that says 75°. I make the caption, 'Happy summer break, my dudes. I don't miss school.'

I post it on my story and grab the corner of my calendar that has almost the whole month of May marked off. I take a Snapchat video of myself flipping the page and zooming in on the heart around June 30. I put it in slow motion and post that as well.

The closer I get to that day, the more anxious I become. I've never been more excited for anything in my life, but I can't help being a little nervous. Can you blame me? I'm meeting my boyfriend who is my literal world for the first time. I know it's going to be amazing, but it's also strange to think about.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when my phone vibrates, and I look down to see the words, "I love you," randomly typed across my screen.

When I text the words back with a smile on my face, all my nerves seem to disappear.

Everything seems perfect.

Everything is perfect.

A/N: TWO MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THEY MEET GUYS.

Word count: 377
Updated on 05/13/19