••• Chapter 11 •••

December 29
6 months and 1 day

In 6 months and 1 day I finally get to meet Tobias and be in his arms. I haven't stopped smiling since Christmas and that was four days ago. I told my mom about Tobias coming, and even she's excited to meet him.

After I told her, she let out a squeal of sorts and said, "I can't wait to meet the boy who managed to capture my little girl's heart." I just rolled my eyes and laughed. That was three days ago.

Most of my friends know, and they all seem to be happy for me. Honestly, I've never been happier. I have amazing and supportive friends, a great family, and the best boyfriend that I could ever ask for. Oh yeah, and I get to meet him in 6 months and 1 day after waiting over a year.

I hear a sound come from my MacBook. I smile again when I recognize the sound. It's a special ringtone I set for when Tobias FaceTimes me. I scramble to feet and rush to grab my computer before bringing it back to my bed. I quickly click 'accept,' and my boyfriend's face appears on the screen.

"Happy birthday!" He yells a little to loudly.

I laugh, "Thanks, babe."

"You're seventeen!"

"I'm aware of my age, Tobias." I roll my eyes, but I can't stop the giggle that escapes my lips. Wait. Giggle?

"What are you up to?" Tobias asks.

"The same thing I've been doing since Christmas; smiling up at the ceiling." Our eyes connect through the screen. His deep ocean blue eyes don't leave mine while we speak. "I can't wait to meet you."

"I know. I can't wait to hold you in my arms, Tris."

"I can't wait to just hang out with you."

"I love you." As soon as those three words left his mouth, my heart skipped a beat. Who am kidding? It skipped like five beats, and my breath hitched in my throat. His eyes widened as if he didn't mean to say that.

All I can do is stare at him. I want to say it back, but I can't speak. He loves me.

"Tris?" My eyes are bigger than they were before as I try to get four words out of mouth. "You don't have to say it back. I just needed to say it."

He continues to ramble, but I cut him off. "I love you too."

He stops talking and our eyes lock once again. "Say it again."

"Tobias," I say. "I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Hey guys! How's your 2019 going so far? Let me know in the comments. Also, I have no idea how MacBooks work so just go with it. 😂

Word count: 434
Updated on 01/03/19