Ch 2 A Teenage Vow In A Parking Lot

Shortly after Pete had climbed into the car the other three joined him. Andy climbed into the driver's seat,Joe in the passenger's seat and that left Patrick in the back seat. Pete rested his head in the younger man's lap and Patrick's fingers tangled through Pete's hair. They were always like this even prior to Pete's turning. Pete had to fight the urge to cry. He remembered when he first met Patrick.

Pete was twenty-two and hanging out with his friend Joe in a parking lot. "Yo dude it's getting late those blood suckers will be out soon."

"Eh let them come I'm not afraid of them! Besides didn't you hear? Andy MOTHERFUCKING Hurley is around here."

"Yeah he's a pretty badass vampire hunter. There was this kid in my class that said he was one too but he didn't look like he could catch a cold ya know? He was a nerdy looking thing and stop hogging all the chips dude."

Joe was strange he had just turned seventeen but he was fun to talk to. "So the whole reason we're out here is because you said you had a friend for me to meet? Something about a blind date? It's not that nerdy kid is it Joe?"

"So what if it is? He loves music,just because he can't kill a vampire doesn't mean he wouldn't heal your broken heart."

"So what's his name?"

Before Joe could answer the vampires had found them. It was the Dandies because of course it was although once again there was no sign of their leader William Beckett. The vampire that was chasing Joe (who had flailed and sent barbeque chips everywhere) was staked through the heart and there stood Andy.

"It's dangerous out here you know that right?"

Joe nodded in complete shock and amazement at that man that had saved him. "HEY INSTEAD OF LIVING A FAIRY TALE TROHMAN HELP ME! AHHHHHHH!"

The vampire that was chasing Pete stopped short when a silver bullet pierced through it's neck. The shot had come from higher ground and when Joe and Andy came over to make sure Pete was okay Andy spoke up. "It's got to be the Stumph family. One of them anyways. They're known for their sniping skills."

Pete looked at Andy. "Family?"

"Yeah used to be a whole family anyways. Dad was killed a long time ago,I'm not sure about the mother. I do know there was two boys and a girl for children though."

"It's just the one boy now though." The voice came from the tree and when the speaker jumped down Pete was instantly in awe. This kid looked twelve and he sniped that vampire?

"AH PETE ITS YOUR BLIND DATE! "

Pete looked at Joe. "You told me he couldn't hunt vampires!"

"I never said he couldn't I said I couldn't believe he could..but I was high in my defense... so Pete this is..."

"Patrick the last of the infamous vampire snipers. You must be Pete Wentz...funny I thought you'd be taller."

"Funny from what Joe said about you being in his class I thought you'd look older."

"Asshole,I'm seventeen!"

"Well Lunchbox this is the start of a beautiful friendship."

"Don't call me that.."

"Whatever you say Trick.."

Shortly after that Pete had "convinced" Patrick and Andy to join them and they became a team of vampire hunters.Pete and Patrick also became closer with each passing day. They never went on their date but there was cuddling in the lab especially when Pete had a nightmare and there were several almost kisses. That's not to say they were perfect...the night Pete got turned the two of them had gotten into a heated argument over what strategy to use to lure Beckett out of hiding to put an end to this nightmare. So Pete without his golden boy to clear his head let himself get turned.

"Pete?"

"What is it Trick?"

"We're home come on let's get you cleaned up." They walked in together as Joe and Andy watched them saddened at what was right there but could never be.

In the Dandies Lair William was raging to Brendon who didn't go to that night's planned attack. Brendon had other plans and was holding a young male in his arms.

"Brendon! Why the bloody hell weren't you there? I specifically asked you to come!" William raged. Brendon's dark eyes seemed to turn red. "Look Beckett, when I joined into this gang, I was sworn secondary leadership privileges. You were the one who infected Peter Wentz, he's your problem. If you insist on bothering me to help you solve your problems, I'll go back to leading my gang. Now, if you don't mind, I have young Ryan here and he is about to join us." The young vampire clamped his teeth into the young male's neck. There was a scream, a flash of red and then Ryan fell into Brendon's arms.

Back in Patrick's lab,Patrick was tending to Pete's wounds."You got it pretty bad this time. I wish you wouldn't put yourself on the front lines all the time."

"Sorry Lunchbox,can't have them biting your pretty neck."

"Burn that nickname and you forget Peter,I am a vampire hunter and I remember when we met I saved your ass. I'm perfectly capable of handling a vampire..in more ways than one."

Blue met brown and Pete sighed. "Patrick you know I love you..but you also know we can't be together."