Ch. 17

(Jaclyns pov)
|1 week later|

Recently a lot of things have been happening to me. I've been bruising a lot, bleeding a lot, getting those little dots, and I've been losing a lot of weight too. Daddy noticed and decided to take me to the doctor.

We get there and he checks everything. I went from 44 pound to 29 pounds. Daddy and the doctor said its not healthy and the doctor told daddy to take me to this other place so they can check me.

He brought me to the place I went after I broke my finger but in a different part. He told them my name and brought us to a room. A few minutes later a doctor comes in.

"Hi. So what do we have here? Signs of leukemia?" The doctor asks and daddy's eyes go wide and confused.

"I-is that what the doctor told you?" Daddy asks and the man nods his head.

Daddy puts his head in his hands and starts to comb through his hair.

"Sir were gonna take her for some test just to be sure." He says to daddy and he nods. The man leads me outside the room and we begin to walk to another room.

(CONNORS POV)

I can't believe this

This isn't right she's too young. She hasn't experienced enough. She hasn't even gone to her first day of school and I'm hearing she might have cancer?

After a hole of deep thought the doctor comes back in with my baby. She walks over to me and sits on my lap.

"Sir. I'm very sorry but your daughter has ALL" the doctor says and I look at him confused.

"What's that?" I ask and he sighs and sits on the stool rolling over to us.

"It is a type of cancer that causes the body to make too many white blood cells.
When leukemia cells build up in the blood and bone marrow, there is less room for healthy blood cells. This can cause infections, anemia, and easy bleeding.
ALL usually gets worse quickly. It's the most common type of childhood leukemia. It usually occurs in children ages 2 through 5 years. It is the most successfully treated type of childhood leukemia though." He says and I try to process what he said. My baby, my little 4 year old daughter has Leukemia?

That's not fair