Ch. 11 It Feels Like Christmas

~Christmas Eve~
I sat at the dinner table wearing my green dress eating dinner. It's about the same stuff from Thanksgiving, just a bit different.
When we're done and go around the tree to open presents from relatives who aren't gonna see us tomorrow, I just sit towards the back playing with PRI and Sam. Mostly PRI because sam is a meany.
"Jaclyn? Great gram wants to give you something." Daddy says so I stand up and walk over. She's sitting on gramps chair holding a box in her hands. She looks at me then smiles.
"I know I just met you today but I wanted to give you this." She says holding out a present for me. I take it then daddy sits me on his lap. I open it up and find a box. I look up at Daddy and he chuckles then lifts up the top of the box. Inside is a red dress, then a really small one that's the same.
"ones for you and ones for dolly." Mi Mi says and I smile. I run to Connors room and grab dolly. I come back into the living room and put the dress on her. I smile then run over to great gram and hug her.
"Tank yous" I tell her and she hugs me back. The rest of the night was just me sitting with daddy watching him open boxes with tripods and cameras and stuff like that. Eventually I fell asleep and that was pretty much my Christmas Eve.
~Next Morning~
I wake up in the Christmas pjs great gramps got me and hop out of bed. I grab dolly then walk to the kitchen. Gram sat in the kitchen drinking coffee and I smile because it reminds me of daddy. Where is he? I see Mi Mi/gram look up and smile.
"We've been waiting for you." She says picking me up and bringing me to the living room. I see everyone in their and a bunch of presents.
I start tapping grams shoulder rapidly meaning I want her to put me down.
"Daddy!" I yell through my pacifier and he opens his arms and sits me on his lap. I giggle then see gram taking pictures.
"Surprise face" daddy says and we both open our mouths wide while she takes the picture.
"Gurl you ratchet face." I say and daddy looks at me weird.
"Who taught you that?" he says trying to hold in his laughs.
"Ricky." I say and he laughs.
CONNORS POV
We were all opening presents and I remember my last present for her. I run into my room and grab it from its hiding place then walk back over to Jaclyn and place it on her lap.
She rips it open then her mouth drops. She stands up and hugs me super tight.
"Open it!" she screams anxious so I grab scissors and cut the doll out of the box.
"Do you know why it has green eyes and dirty blonde hair?" I ask and she shakes her head no.
"So that if I'm ever away this doll will remind you of me." I say and her face lights up and she makes the 'oh I get it' face. I chuckle then hand it to her.
"What's her name?" Nicola asks and Jaclyn giggles obviously thinking of something funny.
"CONNY!" she blurts out and everyone laughs.