Chapter 23~ Transfers and Returns

Reader’s POV:

I feel all the color drain from my face.

I hope you enjoyed the rose three hundred years ago…

“S-say it a-again?”

Anne looks confused with my question but repeats her sentence.

“He said, "I hope you enjoyed the rose three hundred years ago.” Do you know what he means by this?”

I remove my hand from Malik's soft grip and gently clasp my shaky hands to my arms.

H-how is this possible?

“Edward,” I say, looking up to him with fear in my eyes. He stands up and walks over to me, kneeling in front of me and takes one of my shaking hands into his. I ignore the strange growl from Altair and Malik. 

“What is it, love?”

I take a deep breath and place my free hand on top of the ankh that rested underneath my shirt, feeling it warm up against my covered skin.

“We need to get the others off the ship.”

-=Time Skip=-

I scramble around the ship, collecting our items and moving things back to what I believe was their original place. Everyone had retreated to the Jackdaw as I had requested but Henry, listening to Evie's and Connor's request to watch me. 

“Would you calm down and explain what you’re doing? You’re going to reopen your wound again if you keep this up!” Henry exclaims as he tries to catch me. 

As I run down to below deck my boot caches on a stray nail on the steps, sending me down the last three steps and onto my back with a small yelp. 

“Bloody hell (Y/N)! Are you alright?”

I wince as I try to sit up, grunting slightly as I respond to him,” I-I’m fine. I need to keep going.”

“Oh no, you don’t!” Henry leans down and picks me up, half carrying and half dragging me over to water barrels that Shay and I had sat at not so long ago.

He sits me down on the barrel that Shay had sat on and kneels down. Lifting my shirt and starts to check my bandage, growling in annoyance.

“ I told you you would reopen your wound,” he scolds. I slowly turn and look down to see that a decent amount of blood started to seep through the wrapping. He closes his eyes as he sighs out in aggravation. He reaches into one of his coat pockets and pulls out a roll of bandage and a small vial filled the familiar color of Connor's remedy.  

"No more pushing yourself like this. Connor used the last of his reserves to make this. When we reach the mainland he hopes to stop at a shop or two to restock. I think it would be a good idea to help pay for them, don't you think," Henry questions. His tone sounded like he was scolding a child for nearly hurting themselves by doing something they were told not to do. 

I sigh and nod my head, holding my shirt up once more, knowing the drill since I did it with Shay. Henry was quick to remove the nearly crimson bandages as if he's done this a million times before.  

“Do you mind finally telling me what’s going on? I swear if you don’t I will make sure that you'll be pulled off this ship whether or not you're kicking and screaming,” he snaps. Slightly pressing the now medicine covered cloth into my wound, making me wince at the pain. Emphasizing the seriousness of his threat. 

I growl slightly at his persistence and pain he was giving me. After giving it some thought I gave in. Henry's face devices him by ever so slightly showing a smirk through his angered emotion, smiling at his win of this argument.