Chapter 22~ Centuries Old Rose

I break the water's surface, coughing up warm salt water as I swish around in the water as I panic. I look around and find my hat floating a few feet away from a ship's ladder. I scan upwards to see that it was the ladder of the attacking ship...The Jackdaw.

I nearly yelp when a figure jumps the gap between... followed by many others with swords and guns raised, ropes being pulled behind to tie the ships together.

I quickly swim to the ladder, making sure to grab my soaking hat from the salty waves and climb up. I peer over the edge, only to duck as more crewmen jump the gap. I peek up once more to see a red-headed female at the ship's bow. Her strange leather-liker dress fluttering in the wind as she watched the crew attack the ship... my ship.

I lift my wet hood over my drenched hair, sliding my hat into a large pocket on the inside of my coat. Without hesitation, I climb up onto the deck and prowl towards the woman. Whom I can only assume is the current leader of this assault. This attack made me beyond angry and see colors darker than red... redder than blood.

I growl as I unsheathe a sword from my hip, spinning it in my hand before I grab her before she had time to react. My (D/H) hand holding a sword to her neck while my (N/D/H) arm held tightly around her front to hold her arms down.

I breathe next to her ear as she yelped. I decide to keep my identity hidden as I speak with a deeper tone of voice and an accent.

"Well Well, if it ain't th' quartermaster Anne Bonny," I whisper into her ear. She attempts to struggle out of my grip but it only makes it tighten and press my sword against her neck more.

Of all the accents I could think of on the spot... Why in the name of Minerva did I do a cheesy movie pirate?

" Unless ye wants yer deck painted wit' red, I suggest ye stop attackin' me ship. Captain Kenway be aboard helpin' me wit' a mission. I be sure that ye don't wants t' lose 'im, now do ye?"

" You're lying," she growls as she tries to struggle," he's been missing for months! What makes you think that I would believe your word! Let alone with a sword at my neck."

" He fights like many few have ever seen before. Fighting like a Devil, dressed as a Man. He says 'I bend my knee to no man. Tell me, if I didn' know this man, would I know wha' he says or wha' he be well known fer? Or perhaps how ye be his new quartermaster instead o' Adéwalé? Hm?'"

I growl into her ear. I slowly start to release, making sure not to mistakenly slice her neck. I take a few steps back as she turns around, taking in my form for a moment.

" I beg ye t' stop afore unneeded blood be spilled," I spoke with my deeper tone with my sword at my side before putting back in its sheath.

She hesitates but jogs over to the jumping point, leaping the gap. I smile under my hood and follow her.

My wet shoes make a sloshing sound as I landed on the Resolute's deck, shivering slightly as the wind blows onto my soaking frame.

" All hands! Hold your positions! Stop your attack!" Anne yells.

The crew of the Jackdaw stops suddenly, confused about the quartermaster's command and me as I stood beside her, still dripping wet.

Looking around I see that my friends had grouped themselves around the captain's quarters, more than likely trying to make sure that Malik was alright. All of them had various weapons drawn from the iconic hidden blades, swords, daggers and... a strange scythe-like cane.

One thing that surprises me, was that Edward wasn't to be found. Nor was Connor or Shay.

" Ezio, where be Edward, Shay, 'n Connor?" I ask. He looks at me with equal confusion to the others. He attempts to speak but I held up a wet glove.