Chapter 19~ Freedom and Possessor

It was easy to get in with one person, just had to hide and wait things out. With a squad of assassins and a thief to escape, that's another story.

At the rate we were going, we had to kill more than a dozen Templar soldiers that were in our way of freedom. Surprisingly I had killed the most, with a total of eight while the rest was unseen by me as to who had killed the most.

" Tell me something (Y/N)," La Volpe says as he wipes his blade clean of blood on soldier he killed, " what's the plan on getting out of here? If they knew where this place was, there is likely chance that he knows of the ship you were to take."

"They already do, they've taken the ship, Le Sette Stelle," I say in a whisper as I silently jog over to a corner and peer into the crossing hallways, making sure that we were the only ones in the area, and we were.

" What!?" I hear La Volpe harshly whisper to me.

" How can you be so sure bella?" I hear Ezio ask," Claudia made sure that no one knew where the ship even was!"

" Trust me I know," I say with my voice level normal, I turn to see the group with faces of shock, surprise, and disbelief.

I sigh and lift the ankh necklace out from under my shirt, dangling in my palm. In the dark hallway, the torches were long since blown out for the night. The only thing that produced light was the ankh, it had its own golden glow, pulsing like a human's heartbeat.

"The carrier of the other part has been changing the timeline in attempts to stop us. As to how they're even doing it is beyond me," I gravely said. I drop the ankh back down my shirt and adjust the uncomfortable straps of the flying machine as they had loosened during the fighting.

I wipe my face with my gloved hand in frustration, my energy has already started to deplete drastically, hunger and thirst settling in.

" Let's move," I say as I ignore my exhaustion.

The faster we get out of here the better

I run silently around the corner and continue down the dark corridor, the soft patter feet and nearly mute sound of hidden weapons brushing against each other.

" Where are we going? Simply going out the front door isn't an option," Henry says behind me as I peer down another corridor, turning down it as I deemed it safe.

" If they deem us as a king's fool then yes," I say as I look back at him," but I have a better idea."

" And that is?" Evie asks, right behind Henry as we stop at the bottom of a staircase.

I smile and look at the curious group behind me," When was the last time you had to do a Leap of Faith?"

-=-Time Skip-=-

" In the name of the First Civilization! How many of these guys are there?!?" I yell over the roaring thunder and pouring rain as I kill another Templar guard.

The plan of escaping through the roof has been changed slightly, they had been expecting us and ambushed us in large numbers. We were holding our own but the numbers kept growing like a Hydra, cut off one head and two will take its place.

We continue our defense, our drenched clothing making us shiver from the cold and our robes changing colors as blood mixed with rain was soaked in.

"Where the bloody hell are supposed to get out of here now lass?" I hear Edward yell as he slices the throat of one Templar with one hand and shoots another one with the other hand.

" I working on it!" I say as I kill two Templars with my hidden blade and a dagger, kicking a third off the roof.

I hear a sword being unsheathed behind me and I unsheath my own, swinging around to stop the coming blade to strike me down.