28

"Seattle is in a state of terror

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer."

Tristan winced at the news, Emmett, Jasper, and Carlisle all listening along as well. The Taylor boy leaned closer to Jasper, the blond throwing his arm over Tristan's shoulder.

The four vampires all glanced to the door as Edward and Bella walked in, Carlisle turning off the TV.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something," Carlisle sighed.

"It takes more than one of our kinda to cause the damage they're reporting," Jasper moved his arm away from Tristan. "Quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous."

Tristan let out a deep sigh at his lovers words, a tired look gracing his features.

"Newborns."

"What, like new vampires?"

"Don't." Edward glared at Tristan, knowing the boy was ready to fire back a sarcastic remark at Bella. "In the first few months after the change," everyone seemed to look to Tristan.

"We're at our most uncontrollable," Jasper took Tristan's hand. "Vicious. Insane with thirst."

"Something to look forward to," Emmett teased Bella.

"It's not all that bad if you don't have a guilty conscious," Tristan grinned at Bella. As she looked to her friend she seemed to notice the trace of red still in his eyes.

"Tristan," Carlisle gave him a soft glare.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper and Carlisle seemed to share a long look.

"They're creating an army."

"Well now we're definitely going to Seattle," Emmett chucked. "Tris?"

"Hell yeah, man."

"An army of vampires?" Bella gaped.

"And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper added.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Edward's eyes were wide in worry.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will." Carlisle's tried to reassure everyone in the room. "I'm surprised they've let it go on this long."

Tristan laughed at that, covering his mouth as Carlisle glared at him.

"You don't really believe that." Tristan had met the Volturi briefly after he had turned, and he knew enough about Demetri and Jane that he could assume how the rest of them were.

"Maybe they're behind it," Edward frowned. "I read Aro's mind in Italy, he wants Alice and the Taylors to join them. He knows we never would with our family still alive."

"An army could solve that for him," Jasper said with a clenched jaw.

"Hey," Tristan whispered to the blond. "Relax."

Ever since Tristan had turned Jasper had been more tense.

Jasper shook his head, pushing himself off the couch hurrying out of the room with a glare.

"Is everything okay?" Edward asked, seeing Tristan's stressed look.

The Taylor boy pulled at his hair, standing from the couch as well.

"Is everything ever okay when it comes to Jazz?" Tristan brushed past his friend, following after the Hale boy.

Tristan found him in their room, sitting on the bed with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. The Taylor boy leaned in the doorway, waiting for him to say something.

"Are you going to talk about it or do I need to guess?" Tristan rose an eyebrow.

"Things are different now that you're a vampire." Tristan scoffed at Jasper's words. "This is the real thing now, there's no backup plan if you're about to die."

"Jasper," Tristan stepped forward and knelt in front of the blond. "It's different now. I can't get hurt anymore."

"That is exactly what I'm talking about. Thinking like that is what's going to get you hurt."

"Hey," he gripped the Hale boy's hand in his own. "Nobody is going to hurt me. Nobody is going to hurt any of us Jasper. You can't spend every day worrying about me."

"It's hard not to," Jasper frowned. "I can't lose you."

Tristan sighed, standing and moving to sit beside Jasper.

"Jasper, I'm not going anywhere."

Jasper was quiet, as was Tristan. The two sat in silence, hand in hand as they let it simmer.

"Hey," Tristan gave a wide grin to Jasper. The blond looked at him in confusion, a small laugh escaping the brunet. "Marry me."

Jasper rolled his eyes as a smile broke out on his face, Tristan pushing I'm back on the bed.

"I'm serious, Hale." Tristan laughed as he leaned over the blond. "Marry me."

"That doesn't sound like a question." Jasper teased as he pushed Tristan down and switched the positions.

"It's not a question." Tristan propped himself up on his elbows, his nose brushing against Jasper's. "When we get out of this town next year, after everything has calmed down. I want you to marry me."

Jasper smiled, leaning forward and kissing Tristan softly.

"You want me to marry you?"

"Please," Tristan smiled.

And Jasper smiled back, leaning in for another kiss.

"You knew they were going to do that?" Alice asked Thomas, overhearing the couple.

"Of course," Thomas pulled the girl close with a smile. "I see everything Tristan decides."

Alice hummed, rolling her eyes softly.

"I should've guessed." She ran a hand through Tom's hair. "I'm still waiting on a proposal too, you know."

"What if I want you to propose to me?" Tom teased as Alice rolled her eyes. "I'm waiting. Tristan and Jasper aren't very," he hummed as he searched for the word. "Extravagant people.  And I hate to admit it, but you and I are. When I propose it is going to be beautiful and amazing, and you're not going to see it coming."

Alice laughed doubtfully, shaking her head.

"I see everything coming."

Tommy leaned forward and kissed her, pulling back with a grin. 

"But not that?" Alice laughed at him.

"No, not that."