14

Tristan sat in front of Jasper's legs as the blond sat side by side with Alice on the couch

Tristan sat in front of Jasper's legs as the blond sat side by side with Alice on the couch. The Hale boy ran his fingers through Tristan's curls as the human rested his head on his knee.

While Alice smiles at the sight, she frowned as Thomas paced the room, sharing an annoyed glance with Bella as he did so.

"Are you okay?" Jasper whispered to Tristan as the boy nodded against his leg. That was a lie, Jasper could feel how upset the human was. "Everything is going to be fine doll," Jasper kissed the side of the boy's head.

"What if it's not?" Thomas rose an eyebrow at the blond. "What if one of us dies? What if one of you guys die? What if another innocent person dies because of those-"

"Tommy," Alice's light voice coerced the boy to calm down as she stood. At that moment Bella seemed to realize how good she was at calming his nerves. The girl also noticed that Tristan had stood from the floor and moved to the wall the farthest away from Jasper, a deep frown still etched in his face. She also happened to notice how much the Hale disliked Tristan being out of his reach.

As a gasp escaped Alice the frowns turned into concerned looks as they watched her eyes widen.

"The tracker," she trailed off. "He changed course." Jasper quickly rushed, handing the girl a piece of paper and a pencil.

"What do you see?"

"Mirrors. A room full of mirrors." The three humans looked down at the sketch of a room.

"So the tracker is leading us to-" Thomas cut Bella off with a glazed over look in his eyes.

"A ballet studio," he mumbled as Bella looked at him in confusion.

"Yeah, that's my old ballet studio."

"Was the school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked the girl, worry clear in his tone.

"Yeah," she nodded. As Alice and Jasper whispered to each other, Bella moved across the room to take a phone call.

"What are we going to do?" Tommy whispered to his brother, not noticing the tired look in Tristan's eyes.

"I don't know," the younger boy replied quietly. "There's nothing we can do." Tristan looked his brother up and down in worry. "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know," he echoed. "Bad feeling."

"Guys," Bella mumbled shakily to the brothers as she clutched her phone in her hand. "He has my mom." Thomas inhaled sharply at that, running his hands through his hair. "He said he wants us three to come to the ballet studio. Alone."