4

"How did you get this injury Mr

"How did you get this injury Mr. Taylor?"
Dr. Carlisle Cullen asked the boy as he placed a bandage over the stitches in Tristan's face.

"He, uh, our mom dropped a glass of water, and he went to help her. He slipped and fell on the glass." Thomas quickly told the blond man, offering a smile.

"Is that true Tristan?" Dr. Cullen asked. Tristan looked over the man in confusion. If the Cullen and the Hale kids were adopted how did they all have the same golden eyes? The same skin tone? "Tristan?"

"Yes sir." The boy shook his head as he focused back on what the man was saying.
"I fell." Carlisle gave an unconvinced look to the boy, but didn't push any further.

"Well, you'll have to come back next week and I'll take the stitches out."

"Thank you, Dr. Cullen." Thomas smiled as he and Tristan stood.

"Please boys, call me Carlisle." The doctor gave one last smile to the boys as they left the room.

"Hey, Thomas called me on the way over. Are you okay?" Alice asked, placing a cold hand on Tristan's head. That was another thing, Carlisle was cold, and so was Alice and Jasper.

"I'm fine," Tristan set his death glare onto his brother. "I guess I just slipped."

"Tristan, do not play your childish games with me," Thomas grabbed onto his brother's wrist tightly.

"I'm not playing any game with you."

"Yes you are and I'm so sick of you-"

"Why don't you let him go?" Jasper stepped between the two brothers with a pointed glare set on Thomas. Tristan leaned closer to Jasper, his death glare still stuck on Thomas.

"Could you take me home Jasper? I don't really want to see Tommy." The blond nodded, placing a hand on the curly haired boy's back and leading him out of the building.

"He's just mad," Alice took Thomas's hand in her own. "He'll come around."

"You don't know him like I do," he sighed squeezing her hand tighter. Thomas shook his head as Alice led him out of the hospital.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" The girl smiled up at him, the sight making Thomas smile in return.

"Where?"

"Just start driving."

"You want to tell me what really happened?" Jasper asked quietly, the only sound in his car being the slight noise from the air. Tristan was quiet for a moment, looking down at his hands with pursed lips.

"My mom found out I skipped."

"And?"

"And she threw a wine bottle at me." Tristan saw the way Jasper tensed out of the corner of his eye, hearing a small sigh escape the blond. "Can we talk about something else?"