part 5

Not edited from now. Read it with your own  risk.

Arnav walked into the Washroom and leaned against the washbasin with a sharp intake of breath.

'What had happened to me all of a sudden? Why was I feeling so strange when she entered the cabin?' he wondered, 'And that sound, the flashes, priest... When did I get married? And to whom?' He shut his eyes tight to recall the face of the person, his palm was intertwined with but it only worsened his pain.

'Why am I unable to recall anything?' he frowned as he rubbed his temples.

On the other side,

"This... This is not possible. He can not be my Sid! My Sid is no... no more." She cried, tears streaming down her cheeks. His face, his voice and those eyes… each and every thing resembled her Sid, the love of her life.

'You can never understand how it feels when you lose your brother whom you took care of as a mother.'

"But that love of yours snatched his life from him. You know what actually, he didn't deserve your worthless love." Anjali's words hit her hard.

"He cannot be my Sid..." She whispered, wiping her tears off, "Why will Anjali Ji lie about her own brother's death? He's just his… his look-alike, nothing else." she consoled herself.

Taking a long breath, she stood up on her feet and cleaned her messy self just before Arnav walked into the cabin.

“Sorry to leave so abruptly." He said, clearing his throat as he took his seat. "So, Welcome to AR Designs. Arjun told me that you have been appointed as my new PA. May I know your good name?"

"Khushi... Khushi Kumari Gupta." She said, her eyes fixated at his Wooden name plate kept on the table.

'Arnav Singh Raizada.' it read and she had a hard time controlling her tears.

'He is not my sid... he is not.' she thought, blinking her tears back as she focused on his words.

"Take your seat!" he signed her to sit in the chair opposite to him with the mahogany table as a barrier between them.

"Thank You, Sir."

"So Khushi, AR Designs is a well-reputed fashion house, and becoming my PA comes with a lot of responsibilities. You gotta be always punctual because I hate latecomers. My meetings, my schedule, everything shall be maintained by you. You may also have to tag along for meetings with some clients. Everything will be totally professional."

On the other hand, Khushi was completely zoned out. His voice and facial features may resemble him but his attitude was something different than Sid's.

'But this heart of mine...' she sighed sensing her heart's rapid heartbeats.

"Are you getting me, Khushi?" he asked, not getting any response from her.

"Yes Sir!" she muttered, jerking out of her thoughts.

"Any doubts or questions?" he asked with raised brows.

"No sir!"

"Fine then..." he said closing his file and continued, "That's your workspace." he pointed at the table placed in the corner of the cabin with all the essentials required.

"I hope you are okay with the arrangements, if not you can ask Sheela for the changes."

"No sir, it's fine. It's more than enough." she smiled, formally.

"Okay then. Get me a cup of coffee." he said and took a pause before saying, "And yeah, you can call me ASR like all the other employees do."

"Ok... ASR." saying so she left his cabin as he stared at her disappearing figure with a faint smile.