Skinny Love

At dinner, I look around the table, not finding Leo. I mean, I was going to look for him after he stormed into oblivion after his oh-so dramatic song session.

I prefer being the most dramatic in the vicinity, thank you very much.

I don't know why I cared still. I shouldn't care. But when he sang, i felt it.

What is happening to me?

We ate in silence while Percy gave me pitying looks and Nico looked confused as hell.

I don't blame him. I was confused as well. Which is rich coming from me since I was at the center of the recent happenings.

Piper had a pissed face on. Jason was trying to calm her down. It clearly wasn't working since she was stabbing the peas on her plate with murderous agenda.

I felt bad for the peas.

She must still be angry at her wonderful mother, who I'm not sure I hate or love.
Actually, I definitely don't love her . Which is ironic considering the fact that she's the goddess of Love.

"Can someone explain what's going on? The aura in the room is strangely sad", he requested.

" Percy, I assume you know, you explain, I'm going to bed", I say as I storm off. After climbing and it's numerous stairs(I'm going to be really fit) , I reach my room.

I sat in front of the dresser, and looked at my self.

Dark hair, sea green eyes. Fair skin.
But I also saw the brokenness in my eyes. It was so subtle, that you would have never noticed.

Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt we were never here
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

Was our love so weak?

I tell my love to wreck it all
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Right in the moment this order's tall

Was I ready to just let go of it?

And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
And in the morning I'll be with you
But it will be a different kind
And I'll be holding all the tickets
And you'll be owning all the fines

I felt useless, like I had nothing anymore. It was so difficult. Was love supposed to be like this?
Was it supposed to be so unsteady?

Come on skinny love, what happened here?
Suckle on the hope in light brassieres
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
Sullen load is full, so slow on the split

I was lost.

And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
And now all your love is wasted
And then who the hell was I?
And I'm breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines

My voice rang out with emotion as I walked across the room, tears streaming down my face, making my voice a little watery.

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?

I collapsed onto the bed, weak.

Within seconds of crashing onto my pillow, I fall into a deep sleep.

And by that, I mean I entered a lovely dream.

Aphrodite(she's be coming a real homie of mine lately) stood regally at the edge of a familiar looking lake.

"What do you want? ", I ask testily. I was in no mood to deal with her super obvious clues.

" Oh Ray, how selfish you are! And how utterly stupid. Can't you see what Leo did? "

Oh, there she goes with the totally not vague answers in the form of questions.

Selfish? Me? That was a joke beyond my years.

"He left for you, he left the castle, he's not here Ray. He left so you could be free. So you could smile again"

She was confusing, yet she made perfect sense.
Oh my gods, I was turning into her.

So naturally, I asked the first question I thought of.
Granted it was stupid, but meh.

"Why did you let him open the door? When I tried, it wouldn't budge. "

"Because, darling, he sacrificed his happiness, his love for you. And there is no greater true love than that"

I awoke in a cold sweat.

In a minute, I threw on a hoodie and leggings and jumped out of the window of my room.

I concentrated, focusing on the animal I wanted to turn into. I opened my eyes and I was soaring above the Land Of The Fey, an eagle.

I scanned the area, looking for any sign of Leo.

I couldn't lose him.

I couldn't lose another person.

I cut through the air, frantically searching for my. . . . . . . . .

I don't know anymore.

Suddenly I saw a figure, with no wings, curly brown hair and a metallic object in his hand.

I descended, and morphed back into a human. I landed on my feet, but stumbled.

Leo stood in front of me, his eyes wide. He dropped his trinket and stared at me in shock.
"Ray wha-"

I lunged and stumbled into his arms, hugging him tightly. Tears were still streaming down my face.
"Uhhhh? "
I broke apart and punched him.
"Own! What was that for? "

"Don't you dare leave me again! ", I screeched, and collapsed back into his arms. He held me, and hugged me back.

" Why did you come? ", he asked hesitantly.
I sniffed.
" I think you know", I said, condescending.
I pulled away. I was still holding on to him, except now I was looking him right in the eyes.

I saw hope .
Above all I saw love.

"I don't know", he whispered feverishly.

" Because I love you, you idiot! ", I said and kissed him.

He kissed me back.
The kiss was full of meaning, and it meant a lot let me tell you that.

When we broke apart, I places my head in the crook of his neck.
" In love you too", he whispered.

Maybe, our love wasn't so skinny after all.