heat

| heat |

It's hot

It's hot. Too hot.

I opened my eyes slowly, the white ceiling welcomed me. I stared at it for a good while then moved on to the room. My eyes widened, wait this is-- this is my room back home. When I was still a child.

The door opened and I saw my dad entering. He noticed that I was awake and smiled.

"Oh dear, why are you still awake?" he asked. Wh-what's going on? Am I in a dream?

N-no, this feels too real to be a dream. Sadness overwhelmed me as he approached me and sat at the edge of my bed. I pulled the blanket away and went to him.

"Dad, I missed you!" I say and hugged him, I noticed that my voice was high and squeaky. I  looked at the mirror and my eyes widen even more as I realize that I was a seven-year old child.

My dad laughed and then I see my mom coming in the room. She smiled as she approached dad and I. She hugged me also. "Hannah, we're going to be gone for a while, you be good with your teachers, okay?"

Oh right, this was the night before they left and never came back. I have to warn them.

"C-can you not go please? Or bring me with you, I don't want to be alone here." I say, tears already falling down my cheeks. I can't let them go, they won't return.

My dad smiled sadly and wiped my tears. "Remember Hannah, we're doing this for you."

--

The scene changed. It was my 18th birthday, the day I was surely going to get my wolf. But she never came. Because of that, I became the lowest of the lows. The other Omegas at least had a wolf, but me...

The news spread in the pack and I welcomed the bitter life that I would live.

Soon, I became the official punching bag and scapegoat for anything.

--

Again, the scene changed. I was now standing in front of the pack house. I had just met my wolf and this... this was the very first time that I met my mate. I remember feeling so happy, but as soon as I laid eyes on Ian and realized that he was an Alpha, I sprinted away.

--

I opened my eyes, it's hot. Too hot.

My surroundings became very familiar. I'm in Ian's room in the pack house.

But then I feel it. The burning sensation started in my neck and spread everywhere. The pain was bearable, but I could feel the pain getting stronger.

"Hannah! Are you okay?!" I only noticed now that Ian was beside me. He appeared in my field of view and although I could see him, my vision started having black spots all over.