rush

| rush |

(*no city lights and billboards lol)

Archer, Hazel, Ian and I were on the road to the southern pack

Earlier today, we received news that Maddie had been attacked last week and was still unconscious by now.

She had been poisoned and no antidotes seemed to be working. It was also hard to detect so they couldn't extract it properly. Her condition worsened by the day. The poison was attacking each and every system of her body.

Through the Voca Orb, I could see how worried Chase was. His hair was messy and his eyes had heavy bags under them. He was desperate when asking us for help.

Of course, we gathered our belongings right away and left. Alec and Elliot stayed behind.

I knew how strong both of them were, so in case of an attack, I knew that they could handle it well.

The other problem was still the pair of mates, Hazel and Archer. Hazel almost begged me to take the same car. What she didn't know is that we were going to be travelling by one car anyways.

Only the four of us left, it was more discreet that way. It would've been too dangerous if we brought a whole entourage with us. It would've signalled that the Alpha and Luna of the pack had left.

I was tapping my fingers along the side of my chair while I occasionally looked at the side mirror to see what was going on at the back.

Hazel was seated right behind me, keeping her head outside the window while Archer sat behind the driver's seat and had his head laid back and eyes close. Currently, Ian was driving, but he would shift with Archer later.

The drive was going to take half a day. Come to think of it, my old pack was closer to the southern pack than Panselinos. I remember when Alec drove me to Panselinos, it was long and quite nerve wracking.

I was worried that if the two would be left alone, Hazel would not hesitate to fight him.

Still, the two of them made quite a pair. Their babies would break hearts here and there.

I chuckled at the thought and remembered the life that was growing inside of me. Instinctively, I held my stomach where my child is.

'Stay safe, my love.' I whispered a small prayer.

'Are you hungry?' Ian asked through mind link which surprised me, making me jump slightly. I turn to him right away.

Oh gosh, he probably thinks I'm hungry. I immediately took my hand off my stomach and smiled at him. 'N-no, I'm fine.' I reply, but he looks at me. 'Eyes on the road, mister.' I reminded which made him smile.

I took a deep breath. It's okay, we'll get there. He won't know.

I woke up to the sound of the car door closing and Ian stirring beside me. The sun was setting, painting the sky with a beautiful orange hue. Archer looked back to Ian and me who had fallen asleep at the backseat.